Vancouver, BC, Canada
We’re a committed and talented group of diverse people working hard to solve a real, universal problem for millions of entrepreneurs: businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses. Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. We’ve paired smart humans with incredibly powerful software to develop the fastest, most efficient bookkeeping service in history. This lets us provide monthly and yearly financials at an incredibly accessible price, giving business owners the time, confidence, and knowledge they need to be successful.
Bench is growing fast. Recently, we’ve onboarded our 9000th client and our 500th employee. We have a clear, funded path to profitability, and a roadmap that we believe will rapidly accelerate the trajectory of our business. We’re looking for the brightest minds who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible journey, in pursuit of bringing financial mastery to our clients.
What does the Onboarding Coordinator team look like?
Our team is laser-focused on client experience and ensuring clients are set up for success for a long-term relationship with Bench. You’ll play a key part in defining the optimal onboarding experience for the first three months, supporting new company-wide initiatives, as well as directly contributing to Bench’s profitability goals through your interactions with clients and Benchmates.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Work with clients to understand and align their expectations of Bench’s services
- Host engaging setup calls for our new clients and provide an amazing client experience in doing so
- Diligently monitor and follow up with around 15-25 accounts/projects at a given time
- Master a variety of process workflows and directions
- Facilitate Client’s transitions through various departments and processes at Bench
- Extract critical information from our Sales and Trials team’s mountain of notes
- Take accurate and coherent notes that allow bookkeeping teams to instantly dive into the client’s portfolio
- Identify opportunities for growth & innovation. Critical and logical thinkers are a huge asset to this team!
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- Client-first mentality - Our reps are the first point of contact at Bench that isn’t looking to sell them anything. We’re here to push Bench’s services to the absolute limit, and then some. We’re looking to align clients on how they will get the absolute most out of Bench - and to do so, we have to embrace their mindset.
- Resilience - Some days are long, some are frustrating. Some are both. The ideal candidate can demonstrate times when project ‘du jour’ #5 was approached with the same gusto as project #1. This team is client obsessed and full engagement during every call is demanded.
- Communication - It is not our clients’ responsibility to understand how Bench works. It is our responsibility to outline this on their behalf. It is crucial for our team to be able to identify when clients become confused and help guide them towards the path of Bench-lightenment.
- Accountability - Our reps are responsible for self-organizing and tracking the whereabouts of every client in their current portfolio, at all times. The ideal candidate can exhibit self-organization skills, hold themselves accountable for responding to all client communications, and can action movement of the client throughout our multiple internal teams (ie. Sales, Operations, BenchTax, and Retention).
It could be an even better fit if you have:
- Agility - Onboarding Coordinators are a key support team in building Bench’s value to its newest clients. As such, we adapt to whatever situation is needed. Our team is flexible, open to immediate feedback, and receptive to constant process change. Complacency and auto-pilot are a no-no.
- Conversation - Having prior experience on the phone is a huge asset. Our aim is to instill trust that Bench will deliver what our sales team has just promised. Confidence (not arrogance) and presence make all the difference for new clients when wading into the world of automated bookkeeping. Concise written abilities are also extremely important.
- Detail Oriented - Clients live within our team until we give the go-ahead. In most cases, our Operations department won’t need to be involved until the account is completely set up for bookkeeping work. It will be important for any successful candidate to be able to follow all necessary administrative steps when shifting clients to different teams.
Extra bonus points if you have:
- Prior experience in any client-facing capacity
- Any demonstration of CRM/productivity softwares
- A great attitude - any indications of being an individual who loves going above and beyond to delight their clients. Sometimes clients want to chat for 2 hours - if we have the time, then why wouldn’t we?
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an annual salary, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- We're currently fully remote, and we'll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
- Once safe to do, we'll return to work in our downtown Vancouver office. It's close to lots of great restaurants and easily accessible via transit. We also pride ourselves on our office coffee and the fridge is always stocked, compliments of Bench.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.