Lifecycle Marketing Manager (Remote - anywhere in North America)
The Lifecycle Marketing Manager is responsible for helping all of our customers be successful in moving into our product, deepening usage and expansion. The Lifecycle Marketing Manager works collaboratively with marketing, customer success and product to design, build, test and maintain nurture flows, content, campaigns, and triggers. We are looking for a growth-oriented marketing leader who is a strong customer and email marketer and knows how to motivate and guide customers through the lifecycle..
This role is an Individual contributor manager role to start, with potential to build out a team from the ground up to scale impact.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- 6+ years of marketing experience, with at least 2 years focused on the customer lifecycle
- Passionate about creating customer joy
- Experience working with small businesses and self-serve model preferred
- Deep knowledge of what drives expansion and upsell
- Mature execution of complex, cross-functional projects while managing interested parties
- Experience working with tech to find customer insights (hubspot, looker and vitality preferred)
- Strong history of being able to sell your vision to peers and leaders across the org
- Results driven; you know how to get points on the board while building evergreen programs
- Experience managing people and driven by servant leadership
- Driven by data and experienced in using it to develop hypotheses
Things You Might Do:
- Map the current state of the customer journey, find where they are getting stuck and develop data-driven programs that help them dive deeper into the product
- Simplify a complex product by identifying how to avoid confusion and instead find quick paths to delightful moments for users
- Expand accounts until they reach a threshold and develop a nurture path to upgrade
- Develop insights on customers and build out segments that would benefit from account expansion and upsell
- Identify and help build customer advocates
- Project manage campaigns/content to ensure cohesion across internal teams and agencies
- Partner with decision science to build hypotheses, and then test, validate and scale them into evergreen programs
- Work with Customer Success and Product to lead a communications strategy/calendar to customers
Since 2011, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: North American time zones
Our team of 350+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role.
- Competitive salary (we pay based on the norms of your country)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US, Canadian, and UK-based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Your application has been successfully submitted.