Developer, Developer Relations, Cloud
Waterloo, ON, Canada
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in a technical consulting or client-facing capacity.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience designing APIs.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
About the job
Passionate people are everywhere at Google. In Developer Relations, we are excited to collaborate and connect with the communities that love technology as much as we do. Part community manager and part developer advocate, Developer Programs Engineers collaborate with developers at conferences and online, and advocate for developers interests internally at Google. Not afraid to be hands-on, you write sample code and client libraries as well as participate in developer forums and support queues to troubleshoot and debug coding problems developers encounter. Internally, you work with product engineering teams to improve our products by conveying feedback from developers, reviewing API designs, and testing new features. Chrome, Android, App Engine, HTML5, and our core Google Workspace and Ads APIs are just some of the platforms you promote and support.
As a Google Cloud Developer, Developer Relations you will stand at the intersection of technology growth - between the people who build it and the customers who use it. As a Developer, Developer Relations you will be on the engineering wing of Developer Relations, helping ensure that Google Cloud and related open source projects for developers are excellent.
In this role, you will provide feedback on API design, platform consistency, and functionality. You will write sample code and work with our technical writing teams to produce developer documentation, quickstarts and tutorials. You will work on a team that releases open source code, participates in developer forums, and helps troubleshoot developer problems.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Manage open source projects and provide guidance to third-party developers in troubleshooting integrations with Google APIs and other Google developer products.
- Participate in discussions with technical executives at strategic partners to facilitate adoption and ensure best practices during implementation.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams in defining roadmap and prioritizing the needs of our partners.
- Advocate for developers internally and help influence Google developer product strategy by working with Product Management, Go-to-Market, Engineering, Support, PR, Marketing, Business Development, and other cross-functional teams.
Your application has been successfully submitted.