Software Development Manager
Waterloo, ON, Canada
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
- Experience programming in one of the following languages: Java, C++, Go, or Python.
- Master's or Doctorate's degree in computer science or closely related field.
- 10 years of relevant industry experience.
- 5 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience managing teams of 8 or more developers.
- Large scale systems design experience.
About the job
Like Google's own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our world-class software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Contribute technically to projects.
- Work closely with Product Management team to ensure that we're building the best products.
- Experience managing a team of developers, including task planning and code reviews.
Your application has been successfully submitted.