Cloud Technical Solutions Developer, Networking
Waterloo, ON, Canada
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or equivalent practical experience in technical support, professional services, software development, or product operations management.
- Experience in advocating for customer issues or needs.
- Experience scripting, working with code, and/or system design.
- Experience with any of the following cloud storage solutions: SQL database administration, Google App Engine, open source software communities, cloud networking solutions and/or distributed computing technology.
- Experience using techniques such as packet capture/packet analysis, artificial packet creation, load testing and traffic path analysis to troubleshoot network latency, packet loss and other issues at the packet level.
- Experience implementing, administering, and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices.
- System/network administrator level knowledge of Linux/Unix or Windows systems.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals and basic web technologies.
- Outstanding troubleshooting, attention to detail, and communication skills in a fast paced setting.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
Our Technical Solutions Developer step in and own our largest and most important customer issues in addition to providing level two support to our other support teams. You will be a part of a global team that provides 24x7 support to help customers seamlessly make the switch to Google Cloud. When customers cannot resolve issues themselves, your job is to ensure that we have the necessary tools and processes to swiftly resolve the issue with as little customer effort as possible.
You will troubleshoot technical problems for customers with a mix of debugging, networking, system administration, updating documentation, and when needed, coding/scripting. You will make our products easier to adopt and use by making improvements to the product, tools, processes and documentation. Our Technical Solutions team is driven by customer obsession and you will help drive the success of Google Cloud by understanding and advocating for our customers’ issues. You will be required to work in a Shift Pattern or non-standard work hours as required. This may include weekend work.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Manage the customer’s problem through effective diagnosis, resolution, or implementation of new investigation tools to increase productivity for customer issues on Google Cloud Platform products.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Google's product technology and underlying architectures by troubleshooting, reproducing, determining the root cause for customer reported issues, and building tools for faster diagnosis.
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for internal stakeholders in engineering, sales, and customer organizations to resolve technical deployment obstacles and improve Google Cloud.
- Work as part of a team of Engineers/Consultants that globally ensure 24 hour customer support. This will include a need to sometimes work non-standard work hours or shifts.
- Understand customer issues and advocate for their needs with cross-functional teams, including product and engineering teams to find ways to improve the product and drive high-quality production.
Your application has been successfully submitted.