Head of Brand Marketing (Remote - North America)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Zapier is looking for an exceptional marketing leader with deep expertise in brand strategy, brand programs, and brand management, as well as experience leading the brand strategy for category defining companies. You will provide thought leadership and evangelism within Zapier around how our brand lives in the world. Working closely with marketing teams, communications, product organization and other functions across the company, you will coach and partner to build the Zapier brand from the inside out. Your goal will be to drive long-term success of the Zapier brand by defining our brand strategy, enabling on-brand executional excellence, and future proofing this vision. You will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and work together to set a vision for the brand, develop a world-class team, and create cross-functional partnerships within marketing and across the organization.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we're looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria:
- 10+ years total marketing experience, with a proven track record in brand leadership
- Solid experience in marketing to a 2-sided marketplace where each side strengthens the other
- Passion for managing people, agencies and contractors; developing talent and building a resilient team culture
- Experience driving brand strategy work and operationalizing the output across an organization
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, ability to present work at an executive level
- Strong analytical skills, ability to partner with analytics teams to develop and apply key insights
- Positive, company-first attitude, strong collaborator with proven ability to partner/lead cross-functional efforts
Things You'll Do:
Zapier is a fast-growing and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization like:
- Lead the evolution of Zapier’s brand by playing a leading role in the development and establishment of our brand strategy and foundational work.
- Create an operating system for Zapier’s brand marketing that enables us to successfully educate the organization on brand performance, formulate new brand strategies, improve existing brand strategies, and identify emergent opportunities.
- Build a world class function from the ground up by defining the departmental vision, instilling the brand vision throughout the company, and hiring a world class team.
- Enable Zapier’s customer-first approach by developing a rich understanding of our partners, users and customers, their key wants and needs through research, feedback loops, and direct interactions.
Since 2011, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: North America preferred.
Our team of 350+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we pay based on the norms of your country)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US, Canadian-, and UK-based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Zapier is automation made for SMBs. Connect your apps, automate your work, and have more time for what matters most.