Customer Marketing Manager (Remote - North America)
Customer Marketing Manager
We’re looking for a Customer Marketing Manager who will be responsible for our customer expansion strategy and execution. You’ll help create advocacy and expansion through compelling content, campaigns, nurtures and triggers. This role will be an Individual contributor manager role to start, but with potential to build out a team to scale impact.
If you’re interested in launching your career at a fast-growing and profitable startup, then read on…
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Zapier helps people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
- Simplify a complex product by identifying how to avoid confusion and instead find quick paths to delightful moments for users
- Expand accounts until they reach a threshold and develop a nurture path to purchase
- Develop insights on customers and build out segments that would benefit from account expansion and upsell
- Identify and help build customer advocates
- Project manage campaigns to ensure a great customer experience and campaign cohesion across all touchpoints
- Partner with decision science to validate approach through testing, qualitative research and KPIs
- Lead communication to active paying subscribers
- Work with agencies and our internal creative teams to build a hub of best in class content
- 6+ years of marketing experience, with at least 2 years in customer marketing
- Passionate about creating customer joy
- Know how to build an account expansion and upsell motion where the number of active users per account is a key driver of growth
- Strong experience collaborating across an org to build complex campaign structures involving multiple teams and stakeholders
- Marketing and customer tech experience (familiarity with tools like Hubspot and Unbounce a big plus)
- Strong ability to build briefs, frameworks, roadmaps and communicate objectives and results in a way that brings the org along
- Details are part of your DNA; you’ve proven this time and again by project managing complex campaigns with several contributors and interested parties
- Results driven and experienced with creating and driving health metrics and impact
- History of strong, empathetic communication
The Whole Package
Location: Remote, North America
Our distributed environment lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Travel of 5% - 10% for company retreats which rotate to various cities throughout North America
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to UK, Canada, and US-based employees.
How to ApplyWe have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please make sure to answer each question. After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Your application has been successfully submitted.