Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for a Senior Accounts Payable Specialist to help us with the processing of vendor invoices, expense reports, corporate credit card maintenance, global sales tax filings and cash applications. You will have two primary functions; providing day to day support to the Accounts Payable function, ensuring adherence to KPI’s and emphasis on quality customer service through the use of clear effective communication. Secondly, you need to be precise and accurate with respect to cash applications into our ERP system and ensure they are recorded in a timely manner. You will report to the Manager, Accounting Operations, and be based in our Vancouver office once we return to the workplace.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Process and code invoices and expense reports in multiple currencies
- Prepare weekly cheque runs, wires and ACH payments
- Perform purchase order matching with vendor bills to ensure accuracy of GL coding
- Communicate with various departments to obtain correct budget holder approvals
- Provide timely communication to vendors and internal stakeholders with respect to inquiries related to invoices, payments, POs, and expense reports
- Follow up on unpaid invoices and manage ongoing vendor relationships
- Perform monthly credit card reconciliations, working with stakeholders across the organization to ensure accurate and timely GL coding and approvals
- Support and uphold both new and current finance policies and help to educate corporate purchasers
- Ensure tax compliance on all transactions processed as it relates to global VAT, sales, and withholding taxes, leveraging the ERP where applicable
- Filing of all global sales tax working papers with precision and accuracy
- Support corporate accounting during each month-end close, as needed
- Regularly collaborate with Tax, Accounting, and FP&A teams on relevant issues and special projects
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
- Support and training of new hires
- Support management in month-end close
- Daily monitoring of all channels of incoming customer payments: Wire, Cheque, Paypal, Credit Card
- Responsible for accurate, complete, and timely application of cash receipts against outstanding receivables
- Identify and escalate payment discrepancies to accounts receivable team
- Perform wire traces on behalf of Collections team
- Support accounts receivable team with supporting documentation for audit requirements
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Considerable Accounts Payable experience in a high-volume environment
- Enrolled in Bachelor’s Degree program in Business; or equivalent education and experience
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Customer Focus: demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We’re united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow: We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other’s growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Social is your superpower. Easily manage all your social media and get results with Hootsuite.