This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re looking for our next Manager, Accounting to help lead the Corporate Accounting team with all accounting matters and own Hootsuite’s general ledger, ensure our financial statements are in accordance with accounting standards and internal policies and own the day-to-day banking administration. You understand the end-to-end process for all key financial cycles and can drive forward cross-functional initiatives in the design and implementation of financial processes. You will report to the Director, Accounting, and be based in our Vancouver office once we return to the workplace.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provide leadership to the Corporate Accounting team, focusing on career development, continual performance improvement, staff development and succession planning
- Coordinate an effective, efficient and timely month-end close process, including ownership of the general ledger, preparation and review of of variance analysis and other relevant reporting and insights
- Prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting working papers and supporting schedules
- Full-cycle accounting, including driving the general ledger accounting and consolidation processes: journal entries, reconciliations, statements, analysis and schedules
- Manage the annual financial statement audit and support all statutory audits
- Partner with the ERP Administrator to plan and implement best-practice process improvements, controls and system enhancements to mitigate financial risks and streamline Finance procedures
- Support cross-functional initiatives by assisting in the design and implementation of related financial processes
- Key member of the treasury function; facilitate weekly wire runs, day to day banking administrative duties and annual KYC compliance filings
- Act as the back-up to Financial Reporting Manager on an as needed basis
- Provide ad-hoc support as needed.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience
- CPA Designation
- Experience as a people manager
- Accountability: holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Process/Project Management: skilled at figuring out and managing the processes and timelines necessary to get work accomplished
- Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals
- Capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work
- Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities. Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We’re united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow: We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other’s growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Social is your superpower. Easily manage all your social media and get results with Hootsuite.