Commercial Account Executive
Vancouver, BC, Canada
We’re looking for a Commercial Account Executive to help us execute full-cycle SaaS selling transactions. Your focus will be on working in the North American mid-market segment. You will work in a fast paced sales environment, selling cutting edge new solutions to prospective customers. You will work closely with our inbound lead generation team, exercise your own prospecting skills, as well as drive the sales process and close inside sales deals. While based in Hootsuite’s Vancouver office, you will report to the Sr Manager, Commercial Sales.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Successfully acquire new Hootsuite customers in order to achieve individual quota targets
- Prepare, organize, and structure your sales processes from lead generation, value creation to negotiation and closing
- Consult with businesses on how they use social media to achieve their goals
- Lean on internal subject matter experts to provide customer value from the prospecting stage all the way to completion of sale
- Exhibit passion for customer success by understanding the product-market fit and applying this towards problem solving for your customers’ unique needs
- Proactively seek out market information in order to effectively develop rapport with customers
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- B2B sales experience OR lead generation/business development representative experience (selling software is a strong asset)
- Successfully demonstrated ability to achieve or exceed assigned quotas
- Ability to focus on client business value, return on investment, and customer solutions (not features-focussed selling)
- Experience crafting sales strategies for your vertical/territory and building/executing on your account plans/territory plans
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (phone, video, email)
- Intrinsically motivated, results oriented, and driven to keep improving results
- Coachable and driven by continuous learning and development
- Adaptable and able to manage through a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieving results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Customer Focus: demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers in order to meet their needs
- Negotiation: successfully obtains commitment to a solution or idea, while maintaining integrity and relationships
- Perseverance: pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish—doesn’t give up
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We’re united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow: We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other’s growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.