Senior Director, Customer Success (Vancouver or Toronto)
Vancouver, BC, Canada Remote
The Senior Director, Customer Success is accountable for leading a team of Customer Success Managers, who work every day to ensure Hootsuite’s customers maximize the value they get out of their investment in Hootsuite, and to build deep and trusted stakeholder relationships. The scope of this role includes all of Hootsuite’s enterprise customers, across all verticals in the Americas and APAC regions. As a key member of the Customer Success leadership team, this role will work closely with company leaders in Sales, Product, Marketing and Finance to ensure strong alignment across our company. You will report to the Vice President, Customer Success and be based in our Vancouver or Toronto office once we return to the workplace, or remote in Canada or the U.S.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Drive customer success outcomes to ensure that every Hootsuite customer realizes value and achieves desired business outcomes through social, as evidenced through increased product usage, adoption and customer retention.
- Lead the design, communication and execution of the customer success scale strategy to create efficiencies in our coverage model to drive great customer experiences.
- Define and deploy new processes to accelerate speed to value and drive adoption. Build and refine operations to fit the current business and plan for future growth.
- Drive alignment with renewals and sales functions in order to optimize the renewal experience for customers, directly contributing to successful customer renewals and retention targets
- Attain trusted advisor status with our customers by developing institutional knowledge of Hootsuite, as well as Partner products and services, and through a culture of learning to stay on top of industry and vertical social trends. Leverage your in-depth knowledge of business strategies and the company’s goals to represent Hootsuite and provide thought leadership at key events.
- Drive strategic planning for Customer Success while developing and growing strong relationships with business leaders to ensure customers realize value out of their investment in Hootsuite, and welcome expansion discussions with Sales.
- Proactively anticipate problems and opportunities while serving as a key escalation point for customers to ensure solution-oriented thinking and best-in-class customer experience.
- Hiring, retaining, and developing a high-potential talent pool of Managers and team members, fostering a culture of collaboration, over-achievement, and continuous learning, while aligning with company KPIs.
- Serve as a positive, dynamic leader that displays the best work ethic, creative problem solving skills, positive attitude, and a team-oriented proactive approach, while sharing best practices and coaching on strategy.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Proven and relevant leadership experience, preferably in a high-growth and fast-paced SaaS environment. Experience in Social Media strongly preferred.
- Commitment to Results: demonstrating high performance, challenging self and others to consistently deliver results for Hootsuite’s customers.
- Customer Focus: demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers to meet their needs. Ability to interact with customers of all levels and industry backgrounds, from the C-Level to IT individual contributor.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs. Has proven Senior Management presence with a high degree of professional maturity and ability to manage and motivate diverse and remote teams.
- Negotiation: successfully obtains commitment to a solution or idea, while maintaining integrity and relationships with proven ability to manage client expectations, client escalations, and negotiate resolution.
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment, while mobilizing people to take action by leaning on ability to manage senior stakeholders. Simultaneously able to deep dive, obtain relevant data, and analyze effectively.
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbal, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding.
- Leading Inclusive Teams: Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals.
- Developing Others: Capably delivers results through others, demonstrated ability to establish clear direction and help others produce their best work.
- Strategic Thinking: Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision. Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision.
- General Management: Challenges and supports others to create results but also develops new capabilities and expands the capacity of individuals on the team.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We’re united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow: We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other’s growth.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.