Customer Trainer for Business and Education
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. Operating in four countries across 40+ Hub locations, Microsoft Store Direct Sales and Support serves small and medium businesses, educators, and consumers through personalized sales, end-to-end solutions, customer success training, and on-demand virtual support. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Builds new customer relationships, identifies future opportunities, and leads discovery calls. Identifies customer needs and readiness, and tailors training content to help ensure a successful deployment. Leads Microsoft technology training workshops, community workshops, and demonstrations for large and small groups of Enterprise, SMC, and SMB customers to drive product usage, adoption of products and services, and on deployment. Provides MIE training and certification for EDU customers. Updates and leverages training agenda and communication plans to facilitate relevant training via the phone, email, video, and in-person. Identifies sales opportunities and shares with internal teams (e.g., Assisted Sales, EDU).
· Identifies customer business needs and technical readiness; partners with manager and stakeholders to identify and tailor training content to align with customers' goals; helps customers through deployment; builds new relationships with customers; leverages the value propositions to communicate business impact of proposed solutions and identify future opportunities. Leads discovery calls and deployment with customers.
Training Program Customization
· Uses research and other customer data to identify and anticipate training needs for an organization; helps the team to recommend and customize training components to address identified needs. Recommends the use of new technologies for the delivery of training. Partners with manager to ensure training is aligned with fiscal year (FY) priorities that will help drive impact. Evaluates customer feedback and tailors training content to better align.
· Leads Microsoft technology training workshop sessions for large and small groups of Enterprise, Small, Medium, and Corporate (SMC), and small-to-medium business (SMB) customers to drive product usage and adoption of products and services. Provides Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) training and certification for Education (EDU) customers (e.g., teachers, consumers, parents). Updates and leverages training agenda and communication plans to facilitate relevant training
via the phone, email, video, and in person when appropriate. Trains specific groups (e.g., Information Technology) on deployment. Adjusts training in response to customer goals and feedback. Reviews survey results and makes improvements to training execution.
· Engages in conversations with customer technical resources to assist in deployment and remove blockers (e.g., technology) from adoption. Engages with enterprise, Small, Medium, and Corporate (SMC), small-to-medium business (SMB) and Education (EDU) customers to demonstrate how Microsoft technology (e.g., Microsoft 365) can enable digital transformations and increase functionality and efficiency or work; uses a fundamental understanding of customers' businesses to engage them in discussions to identify opportunities in their work, in collaboration with partners and services. Builds, maintains, and leverages relationships with the Assisted Sales, Enterprise, SMC, EDU account teams and shares sales opportunities. Drives end-user excitement and Microsoft 365 adoption and usage with a focus on Microsoft Teams. Identifies and clears technical, competitive, architectural, and security blockers to accelerate customer usage.
· Completes all required training and obtains advanced product and role certifications aligned to the role and workload/industry; proactively asks for help and is open to feedback and coaching from managers and teammates; seeks advanced knowledge of training techniques and Microsoft products.
· Establishes a professional brand using social media tools (e.g., LinkedIn). Proactively looks for customer insights or training tools and shares with management. Leverages social media tools to develop customer knowledge and understanding.
Scheduling and Event Administration
· Updates the training and community events calendar. Provides timely communication to larger and more complex Enterprise and Small, Medium, and
Corporate (SMC) customers regarding scheduling and necessary training requirement. Logs attendees and completes event recaps.
· Helps to develop methods to meet or exceeds usage goals (e.g., Teams Meetings, Teams as a platform, Power Platform, Modern Workplace, Microsoft 365) via training across Enterprise, Small, Medium, and Corporate (SMC), and Education (EDU). Proactively mitigates risks to meet or exceed expectations for number of events and users trained. Receives positive peer and manager feedback (via Connect). Helps account teams achieve account-specific targets. Delivers against small-to-medium business (SMB) deployment needs and assists enterprise and SMC account teams in landing specific goals and targets.
Other · Emobody our culture and values
· May perform other duties as assigned.
· If you are assigned to a location with a Microsoft Experience Center (MEC) or Company Store (ECS), a portion of your time may be spent serving customers in the MEC or ECS.
· High School Diploma/GED AND 4+ years sales, customer service, or training experience
o OR Bachelor's Degree AND 3+ years sales, customer service, or training experience
o OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
· High School Diploma/GED AND 6+ years sales, customer service, or training experience
o OR Bachelor's Degree AND 4+ years sales, customer service, or training experience
o OR equivalent experience.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualification may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.