Partner Account Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Microsoft Advertising (MSA) empowers advertisers around the world to reach their maximum potential through paid search engine marketing and audience solutions on the Microsoft Advertising platform. We are seeking a Partner Account Manager (PAM) to help drive advertising revenue and marketplace health at scale, via a network of SMB Channel Partners. This PAM will manage a nationally distributed set of Channel Partners within a POD and will be responsible for driving revenue and increasing customer engagement on our platform by developing and cultivating strategic client relationships and delivering customized digital advertising solutions aligned to the Partner’s advertising needs.
The PAM role will report to the Head of Partner Account Management – Americas and will partner closely with the Partner Sales Executive, Technical Account Manager and Channel Marketing functions to help execute the strategy set for the assigned POD and patch of Partners. You will manage various stakeholders from C-Level to Director level to ensure delivery of that strategy. This PAM will be well-versed in 3rd party Adtech companies, a technical understanding of how agencies use APIs and have a solid grasp on how to drive value for SMBs.
Microsoft Advertising is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle. We offer a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions, and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry.
Microsoft Advertising is a worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. We are the engine that powers the buying and selling of digital advertising across all aspects of our digital portfolio including our high-growth search engine, Bing.
- Reach and exceed personal sales quota and grow MSA revenue across your assigned POD and patch of partners through operational excellence, solution selling, deeply understanding, and communicating partner needs, competitive insights, revenue blockers, opportunities for reactivation, net-new account acquisition and existing account growth.
- Formulate a Joint Business Plan and execution strategy for each Partner, engaging with the Partner Sales Executive, Technical Account Managers, Analysts and Insights teams for account history, trend data, API Feature integrations, seasonality, and competitive analysis in support of customer planning process.
- Flawless leadership and execution of POD strategies, Joint Business Plans and sales initiatives.
- Pitches varied solutions to drive revenue including account reactivations, new products, features, APIs, tools, services, and pilots.
- Facilitates the execution and content development of virtual/in-person trainings and webinars across your partner portfolio to deepen mindshare and value prop understanding.
- Exceeds Partner expectations by meeting SLAs (Service Level Agreements), responsiveness, providing insights, marketplace knowledge & search expertise.
- Develop collaborative relationships with internal partners. Drive the growth & development of mutually beneficial working relationship with Partner Sales Executive, Account Specialist Team, Partner Marketing, Technical Account Managers, Insights, and vertical communities.
- Maintains functional knowledge and technical understanding of Bing APIs and prioritized features, products, and initiatives across the business.
- Collaborate with Technical Account Manager to understand partners’ platforms where applicable, look for gaps or opportunities, and get partner buy-in for feature adoption and/or for participation in pilots.
- Consistently make every effort to increase knowledge of the industry and strengthen business acumen.
- Actively engages and positively demonstrates commitment to teams’ collective culture, values, and operating principles.
- A minimum of 4 years of overall business experience, online media or Search Engine Marketing is required.
- Experience in direct sales and/or account management experience including working with digital media and driving against a sales quota.
- Experience in the reseller, partner, or tool provider space is preferable.
- Aptitude for understanding technical API implementations and issues is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Effectively navigate through ambiguity and complexities related to client management.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills across all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to understand customer needs, create and build ongoing relationships and deliver customized, customer-focused pitches and solution selling.
- Experience establishing and nurturing mid to senior-level, long term relationships with digital marketing executives and advertising community thought leaders.
- Proven track record of exceptional performance, operational excellence, high productivity, and meeting deadlines.
- High proficiency in Excel - (VLOOKUP, Pivot tables, charting, Power BI experience a plus, etc.)
- The ability to work independently, be self-motivated with a high degree of intellectual curiosity and entrepreneurial drive.
- Proficiency assembling professional looking presentations that will go in front of executives.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.