Senior Content Developer (Azure Cloud Services)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior Content Developer, Azure Cloud Services
Hiring for multiple positions in multiple locations (remote-friendly)
Are you passionate about enabling people to use technology to solve problems and create new solutions? Are you inquisitive about emerging technologies and enjoy helping others use them? Do you love working with cloud technologies? Are you experienced in writing for a technical audience? If yes, then come join our team of content developers and help us help others achieve more.
We’re looking for an experienced technical writer with a talent for making complex technologies accessible to others. You are organized and thrive on deadlines. You enjoy the challenge of managing content strategy and collaborating closely with product team members to plan and deliver content for our customers. You are customer-obsessed and eager to show impact. You set priorities using data and use SEO practices to enable easy content discovery.
Azure is Microsoft’s cloud computing platform, comprising more than 200 products and cloud services. 95% of Fortune 500 companies use Azure, and thousands of developers create apps and solutions to work on Azure. Our team is expanding as more organizations move their business operations, applications, and data to Azure. The Azure Core content development team develops technical content about cloud services in networking, storage, and compute. In this role you’ll create conceptual, how-to, educational, and architectural documentation for IT professionals and developers.
We are hiring for multiple positions. If you have expertise and passion for technical writing and one or more of these areas, please apply: multi/hybrid cloud, Kubernetes and containerization, PowerShell, Linux, VMware, programming. We'll evaluate your fit for our challenges and craft a role for you to best leverage your skills...join our team and make the world better for developers!
We are building the Developer Relations dream team in Azure engineering. Our global team is maniacal about making the world amazing for developers of all backgrounds. We're excited to support and contribute to open source platforms, tools, and processes. We’re spreading awareness of Azure and enabling developers to do what they love; write, code, and learn.
This is the heart and soul of reinventing Microsoft’s relationship with developers. Sound exciting? This is your opportunity to join and be a key part of our mission! Learn more here: www.aka.ms/meettheteam.
In this role, you’ll work with product managers, customers, engineers, support, and marketing to create compelling product documentation, skilling/learning, and architectural guidance (https://docs.microsoft.com/azure)
- Plan: Develop, prioritize, and execute customer-focused, data-informed content plans using an agile methodology.
- Create: Author and publish high-impact content addressing the needs of the data and developer audience.
- Collaborate: Work with business stakeholders, support, marketing, and customers to understand customer goals and what they need to succeed. These are US positions with primarily Pacific time zone hours.
- Administer: Maintain GitHub repositories and assist contributors with their pull requests.
- Analyze: Use data to report on your impact, prioritize your work, and adjust to future plans.
- Design: Use content standards and templates to ensure consistency in the documentation.
- Edit: Review the work of contributors to provide editorial feedback.
- Code: Write and manipulate command line examples, code samples and snippets to support documentation. (PowerShell, .Net, Python, Java, ARM, etc.)
- 5+ years of proven writing, content design, information technology (IT), coding/programming, cloud infrastructure services experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- 6+ years of proven writing, content design, information technology (IT), coding/programming, cloud infrastructure services experience
- OR 4+ years of proven writing, content design, IT, or coding/programming experience AND a Technical Certification or Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, English, Writing, Journalism, Communications or related field
- OR equivalent experience.
- 1+ year(s) of project leadership/management experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a related technical domain.
- Writing samples to share (links or .PDF of documentation, training, blog posts, help articles, etc.)
- Deep understanding of content strategy or information architecture principles
- 2+ years of proven project management, organization, and planning experience in an agile development environment using Azure Dev Ops Boards
- Experience with Git, GitHub, and Markdown
- Experience working with customers for on-premises or Cloud technologies (e.g., administrator, developer, DevOps)
- Strong affinity for cross-group collaboration, negotiation, and organization skills including with globally distributed teams
- Consulting experience or similar experience working to obtain and prioritize customer requirements to build solutions
- Experience using SQL queries and BI reports to obtain and analyze data
We are looking for skills in some of the areas below so we can build the right role around you:
Hybrid and Containers Focus
- Experience with multi-cloud or Hybrid environments
- 2 or more years working with containers, container orchestration, container PAAS, service meshes, and/or cloud deployment tools (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, AKS, GKE, OpenShift, Istio, Terraform, Ansible)
- Knowledge of programming concepts and/or experience in one or more programming languages (PowerShell, C#, .Net, Python, Java, JSON, ARM, REST APIs)
- Experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PhP or Python)
- Working knowledge of shell environments: BASH, sh, tcsh, ksh
- Working knowledge of core OS services: SSH, telnet, FTP, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Samba, LDAP
- Experience with Linux script-based development environments and tools (PERL, Python, Ruby, PhP, etc.).
- Familiarity in working with SAP, Oracle, VMware and related systems in a distributed Cloud environment
We would love to talk to you! Here, we highly value your skills and your work-life balance. Remote workers can thrive! Learn about who we are and our values.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.