Sales Excellence Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The Microsoft Federal organization was established to address the unique mission, legal/regulatory requirements, and procurement rules and processes of the United States Government (USG). Microsoft Federal is committed to ensuring its resources – including appropriately qualified, experienced, and certified personnel (with necessary security clearances or otherwise) are available as needed to meet USG evolving needs. To that end, Microsoft embraces, as a mission-critical philosophy, flexibility in the recruiting, hiring, and workforce assignment of Microsoft Federal personnel. Microsoft Federal personnel can expect to serve in various roles in the Microsoft Federal organization during the course of their career to meet evolving USG needs, regardless of segment – Civilian, Defense, or intelligence community.
As critical member of sales leadership team
• Drive forecasting reliability and cross-organization integration
• Establish and drive a well-defined, predictable rhythm of the business, that enforces great discipline in sales and consumption processes and delivers over-achievement of business results through core sales and consumption motions
• Coach and advise on sales motions/strategies for up-sell and co-sell opportunities. Drive awareness to product mix needed to meet targets, meet with customers and partners to generate new business and accelerate the close of existing opportunities
As a Sales Leader Coaching for Growth
• Coach and Support Sales Managers on executing our key priorities
• Increase the ease of doing business with Microsoft by escalating, and solving for, customer/partner issues that impede product adoption/growth
• Leverage business insights and transformational leading indicators (TLIs) to benchmark performance and define current and future actions needed to grow the business faster than the overall market
As a Transformational Leader
• Partner with Area Transformation Leads, Area Capability Leads and Business and Sales Operations Team to remove selling time roadblocks and increase seller capability and effectiveness
• Lead shaping, testing, and implementation of new sales toolsets across the business
• Role model the internal transformation from an inspection to coaching culture. Leading sales managers to become more effective coaches to their sellers resulting in increased individual and team capability, employee satisfaction and collaborative selling efforts
• Coach sales managers to drive new Digital Transformation projects through business outcome selling
As a Driver of Sales Process Discipline
• Instilling sales process discipline, adherence to standards and excellence in execution while holding sales managers accountable to quality and accuracy
• Ensure successful account transitions to mitigate CPE & revenue risks. Drive integrated customer planning to exceed cloud growth targets and hold sales managers accountable for account plan quality and completeness
• Coach pipeline discipline leading to healthy coverage and infuse the proper forecast rigor, accuracy and accountability
- 4+ years experience in sales, sales operations/management, account management, program management, business development, marketing, consulting, or a related field
- OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience using data to drive business outcomes or inform business decisions.
- 3+ years of experience managing relationships with stakeholders, clients, and/or customers.
Organizational Leadership, Strong Business Acumen, Strategic Insights, Trusted Advisor, Strategic Sales Planning, Sales Team Leadership, experiences in change management and tools deployments
Adaptability, Customer Focus, Drive for Results, Influencing Impact, Judgement, Collaboration, Executive Maturity/Presence, Value Selling, Analytical Problem Solving, Organized & Disciplined, Initiates/Embraces Change
6+ years of related experience in: Senior Sales or Channel Management/Leadership Roles, Business Transformation, Coaching Solution Sales, Strategic Sales Planning, Strong Business Analysis Skills (understands financials, sales processes, scorecards and key performance indicators)
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Candidates selected for this position must comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating that federal contractors and subcontractors receive the COVID-19 vaccine by being fully vaccinated before their date of hire, or work with Microsoft to receive an approved religious or medical accommodation.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $125,000 to $187,700. At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.