Strategic Client Director-Media and Entertainment
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The Strategic Client Director role adds value to Microsoft by leading a well-managed, high-performing sales team to deliver year-over-year business and revenue growth. Success is measured by quota achievement; exceeding customer objectives across all lines of business and technology relationships and in exceeding a balanced business and technology scorecard. This role provides an industry focused presence by account for the customer relationships and plays a critical role in driving our customer's digital transformation journey.
As a Strategic Client Director at Microsoft, consider yourself the dedicated virtual CEO of an account who leads our top customer into the digital age.
This role will provide you:
- An opportunity to drive change with your customer to do business like never before in a new and transformational way.
- A forum to co-create the art of the possible
- The chance to lead world-class, diverse teams of digital transformation advisors, engineers, architects, and delivery teams who all have a vested interest in the customer.
The Strategic Client Director will be responsible for the following:
- Industry Business Leader
- Lead with Industry - Building trusted relationships through engagements focused on driving the customer’s desired business outcomes using Microsoft technologies.
- Transformation Leader
- Deliver the customers business and technology outcomes reliably. Continue to lead Digital Transformation discussions with customers through best-in-class virtual engagements.
- Account Team Leader
- Orchestrating and coordinating the team, ensuring that the best of Microsoft and our partners is brought to bear to help our customers deliver their business goals.
- Develop landing plan including field onboarding, partner disclosure, readiness, and execution
- Ensure subsidiary business owners of transformation pillars (commerce, co-sell, membership) incorporate changes within their respective planning and execution for positive business outcomes
- Determine core transformation stakeholders, define R&R, scope and role criteria and accountabilities
- Create disclosure and onboarding/transition plans to prioritize efforts with stakeholders, partner account teams, support, operations
- Drive attainment of local subsidiary change mgt KPIs/scorecard results
- Participate within the partner transformation community, share learnings, best practices
Education and Key Experiences
- 5+ years of building strategic business partnerships through selling or consulting with enterprise customers. Equally considered will be 5+ years of experience driving digital transformation from within the enterprise customer.
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in influence-without-authority (networking / orchestration with 50+ internal and external people) in global environments
- Demonstrated ability to understand how to run business and commercial models (including, but not limited to, portfolio management, P&L ownership, business planning)
- Embody "we-before-me" mindset.
- An industry mastery of any kind is required (i.e., Government, Education, Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Manufacturing, Automotive, Telco, Media, Oil/Gas/Energy, etc.)
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Strategy development with multi-phase execution and delivery
- Background in large-scale, multi-year enterprise change management
- Executive communications, engagement and influence
- Knowledgeable of the Microsoft partner ecosystem and programs
- Standard language for what is means to join Microsoft
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.