Principal Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The Azure PMEC team is a rapidly growing team within Microsoft (forecasting ~3x headcount growth in 2022). Seeded from a team from Metaswitch, a newly acquired division of Microsoft, the Azure PMEC team specialises in cloud-native telecommunications software that brings the benefits of Azure to Enterprise networks – and has helped Microsoft be recognized as the .”most innovative private network provider globally” after a survey by Omdia.
- You will work as a Microsoft Principal Software Engineer, responsible for the overall architecture of the online service portion of the Azure PMEC network offering - shaping its journey to maturity.
- Work direct with multiple cross-timezone teams – shaping their approach to the hardest technical problems we need to solve.
- Architecting solutions to allow robust, secure and performant function at high scale (10s of millions of devices; 10k customer sites…)
- Taking requirements, creating clarity on specifications, then helping teams deliver, including task management where needed and development of more junior technical leaders.
- Help shape the architecture for the entire Azure PMEC offering.
- Shape live-site support practices, helping to architect a self-healing, easily supportable offering to allow high scale of customers.
- Bachelor and/or graduate degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or equivalent.
- Exceptional ability to ramp up quickly on a wide range of new components/areas/technologies and get the job done
- Exceptional technical problem-solving skills.
- Passion about delivering a complex solution with high quality, availability and reliability
- Exceptional architecture and design skills, and an enthusiasm for developing those skills in other technical leaders.
- 2+-years experience developing and deploying Azure services with experience working with ARM, developing RPs and over-seeing the PLR process highly preferred.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.