Senior Program Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The mission of Microsoft Digital is to power, protect, and transform Microsoft as the voice of our digital transition in the market.
As part of Microsoft’s Cloud + AI Group, we are responsible for building, managing, and securing the platform, products, processes, and services that powers Microsoft. We build, maintain, and implement a cloud-first approach to our technology and experiences, from custom-built business solutions developing our campus of the future and our productivity and collaboration experiences like Teams and SharePoint, to horizontal 3rd party solutions like SAP and Adobe. As a steward of Microsoft and our customer’s data, a core function of Microsoft Digital is ensuring the security of every aspect of the business. Microsoft Digital is responsible for company-wide information security and compliance, with a strategic focus on information protection, assessment, awareness, governance, and enterprise business continuity. Microsoft Digital’s charter is also to influence and work alongside engineers across the company and with strategic partners to build and grow their cloud products and services. As customer zero, we deploy these services inside Microsoft and then share best practices with enterprise customers at scale across the globe.
This team supports our employees in all locations around the country. This job has the option to be remote or located in one of our hubs, Atlanta, Redmond.
Are you interested building and shaping a highly available, optimized, and scalable virtual machine providing end users with a rich Windows desktop experience? It is a great way for businesses to support hybrid and remote work, with an instant-on PC experience that can work across different devices. We are looking for you to bring fresh perspective and your unique voice to our team! Come join us to model the future of work.
We are looking for experienced product managers who would leverage learning from Microsoft’s own employee experience journey & research to deliver compelling employee experiences. This role is accountable for transforming the end user experience by partnering with the Microsoft product team such as Windows 365 engineering teams. With a focus on the enterprise, this role will advance the capabilities of products such as Microsoft’s virtualization solutions driving a more productive user experience and efficient IT professional and developer experience. Additionally, this role is responsible for creating the vision for new, cross product experiences that will advance our solutions.
- Accountable for innovating and driving improvements in the Information Worker, IT professional and Developer.
- Define the vision and strategy for the aspirational user and IT professional experience.
- Partner across a broad set of engineering groups, other stakeholders and senior company leaders to achieve this vision and strategy.
- Develop a strong business intelligence capability to gain broad insights and identify opportunities grounded in a data driven approach.
- Build and foster strong relationships and deliver across a broad set of dependencies inside and outside of Microsoft.
- Engage with customers to share the Microsoft story, showcase Microsoft’s technology portfolio and create publicly available IT Showcase materials to drive adoption of Microsoft’s products.
- Lead with a focus on people, ensuring employee satisfaction, diversity and growth and development.
- 7+ years of experience in product or program management partnering directly with developers, researchers and designers to build and successfully launch end-user facing products.
- 7+ years of experience working across teams, planning and managing a portfolio of related features.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related experience
- Good understanding of Computer architecture and Virtualization
- Good understanding of Windows Operating systems, Windows Updates and PC drivers
- Strong business acumen combined with a sound technical foundation.
- Natural curiosity for learning new technologies.
- Highly determined with a creative and solution-oriented approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Collaborative style that can drive impact through influence in a virtual team environment.
- Passion for the user experience.
- Seeks out challenges and continuously strives to advance solutions.
- Focus on quality and attention to detail.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.