Head of Sales, PromoteIQ
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Microsoft Advertising is a worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. Microsoft Advertising offers a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry. Microsoft Advertising is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle.
PromoteIQ provides intelligent vendor marketing solutions for the next generation of e-commerce. Our platform helps retailers implement, automate, and scale their brand-funded digital vendor marketing programs. We sit at the intersection of marketing and e-commerce and have a singular mission of empowering retailers and brands to maximize their e-commerce performance.
PromoteIQ embodies a strong startup culture that values diversity, collaboration and craftsmanship - and above all else, results. Our bias towards execution balances critical thinking, root analysis and pragmatic problem solving. We expect a lot from one another and value our thoughtful and intellectually curious company culture.
PromoteIQ is headquartered in New York City and supports a global footprint of e-commerce retailers and brands. The company was acquired by Microsoft in August 2019 and continues to operate as an independent division within Microsoft Advertising. Learn more at https://www.promoteiq.com.
Who We’re Looking For
Microsoft Advertising is seeking Head of Sales to drive adoption of the PromoteIQ retail media platform with Top-50 retail customers. You will be building executive-level relationships and are comfortable aligning retail media offerings to customers’ needs. You are excellent at prospecting, qualifying, and leading a cross-functional team while leveraging the right resources to optimize outcomes. The ideal candidate will have experience with enterprise sales to large retail organizations and a strong consultative ability to understand and address the pain points of Fortune 500 retailers.
- Build and manage a team of senior sellers and sales engineers, owning team structure, growth plan, talent development, and quota setting
- Own customer segmentation, pipeline strategy, pitch development, RFP process, handoff process, and win/loss communication with Product
- Drive adoption of the PromoteIQ platform with large retailers, managing complex enterprise software sales cycles from end-to-end
- Build and deepen cross-functional relationships with retailers, including C-level and VP stakeholders across both Business and Technical teams. Influence long-term strategic planning related to Retail Media specifically and Microsoft technology and data initiatives more generally
- Establish the vision for a broader, more strategic Retail Media and data ecosystem, and bring the full resources of Microsoft to comprehensively support retailer transformation as a core part of the sales process
- 10+ years of experience selling AdTech/MarTech solutions to retailers with a demonstrated track record of exceeding sales goals
- Experience leading cross-functional teams of approximately 12+ direct reports in complex sales cycles, including Sales Engineering, Demand Generation, Customer Success, Product, etc.
- Demonstrated success with complex commercial and legal negotiations, facing Procurement, Legal, and Business teams
- Ability to leverage C-level relationships with executives
- Ability to work with internal sales engineers and retailer technical leads to evaluate optimal integration patterns and align technical track to business track through deal process
- Experience selling retail media solutions to Top-50 retailers
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.