Sr. Marketing Analytics Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Microsoft is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle. We offer a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions, and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry.
Microsoft Advertising is a worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. We are the engine that powers the buying and selling of digital advertising across all aspects of our digital portfolio including our high-growth search engine, Microsoft Bing as well as our audience portfolio.
The Marketing Excellence team is responsible for delivering best in class, digital customer experiences through our global websites & marketing automation programs. We support demand generation, retention & growth across all customer segments. We manage scalable operations that bring our marketing programs & content strategies to life. We enable the Marketing team’s growth through delivery of analytics solutions and actionable insights to inform activation & effectiveness.
As a team we believe in:
- Being customer centric and examining every aspect of our marketing through an inclusive lens
- Being curious, doing our best & being willing to fail
- Being authentic, honest & respectful to others
- Having fun, supporting each other & being human
- Operating with clarity and prioritizing for the highest impact
Our team is looking for a deeply experienced Marketing Analytics Manager to lead our analytics practice for global MSA Marketing. In this role you will partner with marketing & business leaders to develop the campaign & channel measurement frameworks that will enable smarter, performance-based decisions. You will define & deliver the data & analytics capabilities needed to better connect, measure & understand our customers’ journey. You will be part of a highly collaborative team whose mission is to deliver the very best customer experiences. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment, hyper focused on achieving business growth through a growth mindest.
Our team is looking for a deeply experienced Marketing Analytics Manager to lead our analytics practice for Global MSA Marketing. In this role you will partner with marketing & business leaders to develop the campaign & channel measurement frameworks that will enable smarter, performance-based decisions. You will define & deliver the data & analytics capabilities needed to better connect, measure & understand our customers’ journey. You will be part of a highly collaborative team whose mission is to deliver the very best customer experiences. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment, hyper focused on achieving business growth through a growth mindest.
The impact you’ll be making:
- Responsible for measuring the performance & impact of Marketing’s campaigns, programs & channels.
- Through data & insights, partner with Marketing Leaders to establish performance benchmarks, campaign targets & recommendations of where to invest next for greatest impact
- Build scalable analytics solutions to monitor trends and deliver insights.
- Develop A/B tests and incremental lift studies to refine our understanding of marketing’s impact and inform campaign optimization.
- Own & manage a comprehensive marketing analytics roadmap. Collaborate with stakeholders to align on key marketing analytics priorities. Manage supplier team to deliver with operational excellence.
- Own Marketing’s requirement into data operations team & data science teams to integrate marketing channel data into MSA’s CDP. This work will provide Marketing with a 360-degree view of our customer & their journey.
- Learning and professional growth: continually strengthen your industry and analytics expertise and contribute to the success of others by sharing of best practices.
You’ll be successful in this role if you have:
- 7+ years of experience in marketing analytics roles with increasing scope & responsibility including
- Extracting data from large/complex databases using SQL. Intermediate to advanced Excel skills (Power Query, simple macros, etc.)
- Creating business intelligence solutions with Power BI, PowerPivot, and/or similar technologies, and a demonstrated understanding of data visualization best practices.
- Designing statistical models and forecasts to predict outcomes and solve business problems (experience creating models in R and/or Python preferred)
- Experience designing & implementing multiple marketing attribution methodologies, including Multi-Touch Attribution (MTA). Media mix modelling a plus
- Experience with designing campaign segmentation strategies a must. Prior experience working with Customer Data Platform (CDP) a plus.
- Leading high performing supplier teams of Technical PMs, Developers & Analysts.
- Passion for measuring performance for both digital marketing and offline marketing. Experience conducting incrementality / lift studies and running other A/B tests related to marketing. Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership on marketing analytics topics.
- Strong ability to frame a problem, put it into action & work effectively even during times of ambiguity.
- Demonstrated understanding of machine learning techniques (regression, classification, clustering, decision trees, etc.) .
- Skilled communicator. Able to leverage data and insights to confidently and effectively inform, influence, and challenge a wide range of technical & business partners and stakeholders including senior business leaders.
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally, building and maintaining trust with internal stakeholders.
- An unrelenting desire to build more equitable, inclusive and diverse workplaces. You view this role as an opportunity to create positive change.
- The mentality of an entrepreneur/owner with a strong bias to action.
- Humility. You believe in treating all people with dignity and respect, regardless of title or tenure.
- A fast & fearless learner and team player. Embraces a growth mindset and Microsoft’s core values of respect, integrity & accountability.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $113,900 to $171,500. At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.