Senior Software Engineer, Holographic Computing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the Organization:
Microsoft’s Industry Solutions helps industry customers accelerate their digital transformations. This work is crucial as every industry undergoes breakthrough transformation that is not simply about technology, but also about re-envisioning existing business models and embracing a different way of bringing together people, data, and processes.
Industry Solutions (IS) is a global organization of over 13,000 strategic sellers, industry experts, elite engineers, and world-class architects, consultants, and delivery experts who work together to bring Microsoft’s mission of empowerment and cutting-edge technology to life for the world’s most influential customers. We are on the front lines of innovation, working side-by-side with customers to drive value across the entirety of their digital transformation journey.
About the Team:
Microsoft Consulting Services is expanding the capabilities of our Holographic Computing Studio in Redmond, WA, and looking for seasoned veteran creators to join us in the Customer Innovation team.
Our team works in tight collaboration with external consumer, enterprise, and commercial partners, crafting innovative solutions that leverage both the power of the Hololens and the deep domain expertise of our many customers bringing concepts to life through Microsoft Hololens and third-party virtual reality.
We brainstorm exciting and ground-breaking experiences and quickly build working prototypes on top of developing tech. We transform our ideas into reality through shipping first-to-market products.
To deliver on our vision, we are looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer to work with a multi-discipline rapid prototyping team in the creation of transformative consumer and enterprise experiences and applications.
You have a stellar track record and you love to learn and tackle new challenges. You’re excited to collaborate directly with artists and designers in a game development-savvy studio. You’re enthusiastic about applying your development talents building and iterating on prototypes to discover what works best, then leveraging your knowledge to create incredible shipping software products. You're looking to make significant contributions to the early stages of a project with huge growth potential.
About the role:
As a Senior Software Engineer your main responsibilities will be:
- Execution – Drive through ambiguity with well-architected technical designs, aggressive and achievable schedules, technical mentorship, and significant code contributions.
- Collaboration - Work collaboratively, in the spirit of rapid prototyping, with production, art, design, and a high performing team of developers to deliver world class application products with superb production values.
- Feedback - Actively seeks out, accepts and provides feedback from peers.
- Client Focus – Active participation in customer workshops with the ability to authoritatively represent the technical requirements for the studio.
- 5+ years of domain expertise (AR/VR/MR) in any of the following technologies: gameplay, computer vision, rendering, GPU programming, machine learning, console development, multiple hardware platforms, low-level development, natural user interfaces or related.
- 5+ years of development experience in C#/C/C++ AND Unity.
- Products - An excellent track record of professional development experience in C#/C/C++ with multiple shipped products.
- Engine - Demonstrated recent hands on experience with Unity; other modern game engines (Unreal or similar) are a plus.
- Experience - Demonstrated years of professional game development experience (or similar real-time 3D interactive experiences)
- Communications - Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Degree - BA/BS in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent experience.
- Problem Solving - Strong problem-solving and algorithm development skills.
- Debugging - Excellent debugging and optimization skills working in a multi-threaded environment.
- Product Passion - Passion for entertainment, technology, games, and/or amazing user experiences.
- Expert - Domain expertise in one or more technologies, such as gameplay, computer vision, rendering, GPU programming, machine learning, console development, multiple hardware platforms, low-level development or natural user interfaces.
- User Features - Experience developing user-facing features.
- Math - Strong background in 3D and other applied mathematics.
- Problem Solving - Strong problem solving and algorithm development skills.
- Self-motivated - comfortable dealing with the ambiguity of V1 and incubation work.
Location/Travel: You may be based anywhere in the United States. You can expect limited global travel, 0 – 25%, contingent upon Covid-19 restrictions.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $123,000 and $184,000. At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.