Customer Engineer, Azure Technologies
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Customer Engineer, Azure Technologies
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 15,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience and Success (CEnS) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CEnS organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
- Mission Critical Lead responsible for the planning and delivery of proactive and reactive support.
- Identify and manage goals and opportunities across Azure technology solutions to improve the solution environment and functional processes for our customers.
- Participate in proactive account management, spot performance issues, analyze problems, develop solutions to meet customer needs, represent them
- Create deliverables to address common Microsoft Unified Support customer needs & support mobile-first, cloud-first strategy, share intellectual property with others.
- Engage with support, account, customer success, and product engineering teams to ensure streamlined customer experience.
- Facilitate sessions with the product team and stakeholders to discuss product updates and feedback.
- Plan and implement end-to-end Support for Mission Critical client support projects and initiative
- Maintain, expand accreditations and certifications; assist in developing best practices for key technologies & products to support technical team readiness
- Consistently apply “lessons learned”, model personal accountability & teamwork.
- Contribute & participate with meetings to articulate Microsoft Unified Support offerings to all customers; share knowledge thru communities, adapt for customers
- Contribute to On Call rotations to ensure high quality of service for the critical incidents created by Support Mission Critical customers
- At least 5 years of experience working with Enterprise customers in any of the following: providing customer technical readiness, delivery support services, on premise and remote technical support, solution development, account management; technical requirements gathering; broad evangelism through events (presentation skills) or related.
- At least 3 years of experience in at least one of the following technical domains:
Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS) technologies, including any of the following:
- AKS, Key Vault, Managed Service Identity, Azure AD App Authentication/OAuth
- Linux OSS - shell environments (BASH, sh, tcsh, ksh, etc.); Linux script-based development environments and tools (PERL, Python, Ruby, PhP, Jenkins, etc.); administering Linux (boot process, file systems, network device and protocol configuration); core OS services such as: SSH, telnet, FTP, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Samba, LDAP
- Operating System/Virtualization - Security, OS Internals concepts, Virtualization concepts and virtual system administration
- Networking - container specific networking such as CNI; Familiarity with DHCP, VIPs, NAT, DNS; networking troubleshooting (ping, tracert, tracemon, tcpdump, etc.); load balancing and familiarity with relevant components such NGINX, Application Gateways, and NVA’s
- Kubernetes Services/Containers
Azure App Services including any of the following:
- Subject Matter Expertise in one or more of the following Azure areas is expected:
- Developing, debugging, performance tuning and supporting any of the following:
- Azure Web Apps/App Services, Web Application Firewall, Azure PaaS, Service Fabric API Management, API Connections, Redis, Web App, Web API, Azure Functions
- Service Bus, Key Vault, SignalR
- Logic Apps/Function Apps
- Notification Hubs
- C#, .NET Framework/.NET Core, Java, Python or related
Infrastructure Solutions (IaaS) - Core Azure Infrastructure technologies including any of the following:
- Azure Virtual Machines and Scale Set knowledge
- Azure Virtual Network, VPN, Load Balancer (L4/L7), Traffic Manager, CDN, Azure DNS, routing & routing protocols like BGP, firewall concepts
- Azure Storage Account, Disk, Snapshot, Backup, Site Recovery, file sync
- Knowledge on ARM Templates, PowerShell and CLI management, Azure Automations
- Subscription and Governance Management (Policy, Management Groups, Cost, Blueprint), RBAC
- Azure Monitoring and Azure Identity
- Containers and/or Kubernetes and/or OpenShift (infrastructure perspective)
- Azure Identity experience preferred, including any of the following: Azure AD, PIM, Conditional Access, MFA, Azure AD Connect, Password less sign-ins
Windows & Azure technologies, including any of the following
- Microsoft Server products includes Windows Server, Active Directory Services, Clustering, Hyper-V and implementation / deployment of Azure Cloud based solutions
- Azure Cloud Platform, Azure Design Review and deployment, Azure IaaS, High Availability, Azure Virtual Machine, Clustering, service resilience and distributed systems
- Azure PaaS, Dev Ops, Azure Web Apps and Application Insights.
- Solid understanding of client/server, networking, and Internet technologies fundamentals.
- Windows server performance analysis, including use of performance monitor or related tools to identify bottlenecks or resource issues.
- Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD).
- Windows networking technologies and use of diagnostic tools such as Wire Shark or Network Monitor to identify communication issues.
- Active Directory architecture, monitoring, and troubleshooting. Accessing and securing network resources via NTLM, Kerberos and SSL.
- Windows OS deployments via WDS and/or System Center technologies..
- Cnfiguring, monitoring and administering clustering solutions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.