This job is no longer accepting applications.
Come build community, explore your passions and do your best work with Vexcel Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Microsoft, that delights its customers through delivery of large, complex programs and solutions implementing Microsoft technology.
This role supports the Vexcel Contracts and Legal Affairs organization by owning the review, negotiation and approval of non-standard contract terms and non-standard contract documents. The purpose of the Contracts Manager role is to drive a healthy business for internal and external customers, to support transactional excellence, and to protect Vexcel’s interests. Vexcel is looking for a talented and self-motivated Contracts Manager to join our team and focus on contracts transactions and obligations management in support of Vexcel’s portfolio of state and local government programs.
This opportunity will allow you to accelerate your career growth, develop deep negotiation skills, hone your relationship management skills, and become adept at critical thinking. A Contracts Manager is responsible for shaping deals in a way that balances business needs, business opportunity and risks with a goal to meet both Vexcel and customer strategic objectives. The Contract Manager works to drive business adherence to Vexcel guidelines and policies.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more, and we’re dedicated to this mission across every aspect of our company. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Join us and help shape the future of the world.
- Manage a very large subcontractor and supplier portfolio involving procurement of professional services, software, hardware, and maintenance.
- Issue, negotiate, and / or coordinate execution of various contractual documents in a fast-paced environment to include Non-Disclosure Agreements, Purchase Order Terms and Conditions, Subcontract Agreements, Statements of Work, Modifications, Software License Agreements, Maintenance Agreements, etc.
- Leads contracting process for partner resources (e.g., contractors, vendors) by briefing partners. Negotiates and structures various types of subcontractor contracts.
- Engages with senior internal and external stakeholders (e.g., Chief Executive-level executives) as a peer with subject matter expertise. Prevents and manages escalated situations through strategic and targeted communications with senior stakeholders and delivers difficult messages as needed. Establishes governance to influence customer decision making and diffuses situations in escalations as needed.
- Adheres to project compliance standards (e.g., confidentiality, privacy) and requirements of the contract and accommodates customer compliance standards, including managing compliance-related complexities (e.g., high sensitivity to confidentiality). Champions compliance by contributing to knowledge sharing across teams to build compliance capability of others.
- Proactively manages contractual risks and issues within and across large, complex projects leveraging previous experience and subject matter expertise to evaluate trends in risks and optimize mitigation strategies across projects using qualitative analyses (e.g., probability, impact, urgency) mitigation plan for high impact/probability risks. Leads recoveries and engages in resolving escalations across other projects.
- Engage in mentorship of team members as well as formal and informal knowledge sharing and training sessions to educate the team regarding contracts and obligation management
- Bachelor's Degree in related field AND 4+ years experience in project management
- OR Master's Degree in related field AND 3+ years experience in project management
- OR Doctorate Degree in related field AND 3+ years experience in project management
- OR equivalent experience.
- 10+ years’ work experience successfully managing complex government and / or commercial contracts at large-scale corporation, law firm, or government entity
- Ability to multi-task, re-prioritize and shift gears quickly to support a complex, large scale, critical systems integration program
- Expert-level knowledge of contract management, project management, and records management
- Ability to represent Vexcel as a customer interface demonstrated by experience in such role(s)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for preparing high-quality, clear, concise, and grammatically correct materials
- Self-motivated and action-oriented with a passion for getting things done quickly, efficiently, and in accordance with contractual obligations and corporate policy while consistently meeting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to debate, dialogue, negotiate, influence and work with both internal and external stakeholders collaboratively and constructively
- Willingness to share information, openness to learn from others, and desire to contribute to growth of team members
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, Excel)
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $131,900 and $197,500.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.