Marketing Technology Director- Global Demand Center
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Microsoft’s Global Demand Center (GDC) is responsible for driving scaled marketing and sales capabilities, leveraging cutting-edge technology, and innovating marketing & sales practices to deliver billions of dollars a year globally for all our commercial business solutions (Cloud & AI, Business Applications, and Modern Workplace). We are looking for a technology leader to lead our Marketing Technology Platform Operations team that supports our relationship marketing campaigns across all commercial business groups at Microsoft. This team owns the marketing technology stack that underpins and is mission-critical to the success of the GDC. The team’s charter is to support building new capabilities, create standard operating procedures that scale globally, and manage the technology stack as a robust, always-on, mission-critical service. Capabilities include marketing campaign enablement, in product messaging, nurture, data management, templates, and many other areas. Our marketing technology stack supports all our commercial products, worldwide marketing campaign execution, 1,000s of marketers, $bns in spend, $bns in revenue for sales, and 40+ languages. This is a mission-critical role with substantial scope, complexity, executive visibility, and has a large opportunity for impact.
• Hiring, leading, developing, and retaining a diverse team of incredibly talented, innovative Marketing Technologists
• Defining the marketing technology strategy that enables our customer engagement and relationship marketing business priorities.
• Partnering closely with our many stakeholder teams including Product Engineering, Operational AI, Campaign operations, Capability, Operational Data, Marketing Service Center, Analytics, and Field Marketing teams
• Develop the standard ways of operating and building within the tech platform in a way that is robust, secure, efficient, accessible, sustainable, scalable
• Training and enabling ~100s marketing operations people across the company that work in the marketing technology tools
• Prioritizing your team’s work in the context of our big bets, initiatives, and aligning with other teams needed to deliver capabilities
• Running an AGILE process to prioritize work and be transparent about what will get done and what will not get done
• Ensuring the launch of new capabilities and evolutions of the platform go smoothly (testing, post-launch monitoring & burn-in process, ensuring things are set up for long term success)
• Evolving and fortifying our systems and processes in an ever-growing complex environment
• Ensuring business processes, system operations and other technical processes are well documented, so teams do not need to rely on tribal knowledge
• Identifying problems and issues quickly, and running a process to communicate to stakeholders, assess impact, coordinate fixes across teams, and resolve issues
Required Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Engineering, or related field AND 10+ years marketing operations, program management, project management, or related experience OR equivalent experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Engineering, or related field AND 12+ years marketing operations, program management, project management, or related experience
Master's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Engineering, or related field AND 8+ years marketing operations, program management, project management, or related experience o OR equivalent experience.
• 3+ years people management experience.
• 6+ years technology/process improvement experience.
**** open to anywhere in USA locations ******
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.