Senior Developer Advocate - Microsoft 365
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join our team and make the world better for developers!
We are building the Developer Relations dream team in Azure engineering. Our global team is maniacal about making the world amazing for developers of all backgrounds. We're excited to support and contribute to open source platforms, tools, and processes. We’re spreading awareness of Azure and enabling developers to do what they love; write, code, and learn.
This is the heart and soul of reinventing Microsoft’s relationship with developers. Sound exciting? This is your opportunity to join and be a key part of our mission! Learn more here: www.aka.ms/meettheteam
We are hiring for a Developer Advocate who is excited about helping make millions of people and organizations achieve more through their apps and the cloud. This Developer Advocate will indeed themselves be a highly competent developer who will be focused on helping other developers build world class collaboration and productivity applications and experiences taking advantage of the Microsoft 365 productivity platforms, including Microsoft Teams Developer Platform, Microsoft Graph and the Fluid Framework and the entirety of the Microsoft Cloud. Whether you are a veteran of the Microsoft ecosystem or whether you have had a great career in open-source software and web and mobile technologies, if you believe you have a penchant for helping fellow developers in the worldwide community achieve success through your content, code, advice, feedback, guidance, or features, this is the role for you.
Do you enjoy building bots that solve real problems? Do you get a kick out of teaching someone something new and useful? Have you experimented with building add-ons to software platforms to automate for more productivity? How about building custom applications and process with your code to help your colleagues? Or have you built mobile and web applications that your customers already use and love? How about using social graph data and interactions to enhance user and employee experiences? Do you feel strongly about great APIs, SDKs, IDEs, Source Control, GitHub Repos, DevOps, Documentation and clean high-quality code and samples? How about helping your fellow developers also build great apps and experiences? How about helping everyone build secure systems and apps that are easily integrated and have best-in-class authentication and user handling? Do you enjoy collecting and understanding real-feedback and helping enhance experiences by addressing the feedback in products and processes? Are you passionate about changing the future of major engineering efforts based on direct feedback and industry wisdom? How about creating videos and samples that make it clear and accessible for everyone? Or are you a guru when it comes to delivering workshops and great demos? Do you feel passionately about working towards a more diverse and inclusive developer community? Or are you a seasoned member of the Microsoft developer community and have built some great collaboration and productivity experiences that have delighted your users and customers. These are the day-to-day initiatives and activities that our team is fully invested in.
If you believe these are the kind of initiatives that you are also passionate about, we want you!
As a Developer Advocate in the Microsoft 365 Developer Advocacy team, you’ll help create the best developer platform for developers to build collaboration and productivity applications. You’ll help developer communities understand how Microsoft 365 platforms can be used individually and or in combined architectures for creating collaborative business applications for both internal use and for their customers to download through the store and use every day. You’ll be instrumental in building a large and vibrant community for Microsoft 365 development and nurture great relationships with developers online, create amazing samples and content, and focus on winning the hearts and minds of our technical audiences at scale. Every day you will be helping our engineers build a better developer experience for everyone.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Create content, videos, and samples from beginner to best practices that demonstrates how to develop collaborative apps using Microsoft 365 services.
- Champion relevant Microsoft 365 services in developer communities at conferences, meetups, coding bootcamps, online forums, Twitter, Stack Overflow, Hacker News, and more.
- Network and build relationships with the top developer thought leaders in your local community and earn their trust and respect for Microsoft technologies.
- Build relationships with key influencers, foster a healthy technical community, and collect and prioritize product feedback and technical blockers with engineering.
- Scale your efforts by partnering with the Microsoft field and developers in community programs like Microsoft MVPs, Docker Captains, Oracle Java Champions, etc.
- Win the hearts and minds of developers by building and/or contributing to key open-source projects and building cool, useful, and/or productive apps.
- Use data, experiments, and customer feedback to drive growth in your community and help Microsoft build better features, products, and experiences.
- 3+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience and skills with Web or Mobile Development and/or using REST APIs.
- Proven experience working with 3rd party communities, social media and blogging.
- Experience with platforms like Slack or GSuite APIs.
- Solid communication skills - ability to be both a strong technical writer as well as a dynamic public speaker.
- Passion for helping developers connect people and communities through the cloud.
- A self-starter that can manage and prioritize initiatives that will make our developers and platform the most successful.
- Ability to travel depending on where local and national developer events are held.
- Previous experience as a developer advocate, developer evangelist, or external developer-focused role.
- A demonstrated experience in building business applications, and using Teams Developer Platform, Microsoft Graph, Microsoft 365, Azure Active Directory, SharePoint, Azure and other Microsoft Technologies or collaboration frameworks is a desirable bonus but not a mandatory requirement for the role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.