Service Engineer 2
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Make Bing Ads Technical Support at Microsoft Advertising part of your career story! Microsoft Advertising is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle. We offer a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions, and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry. Global Support is a focal point for Bing advertisers around the world and the Bing Ads Technical Support team plays a pivotal role in supporting Bing search. As a Technical Support Engineer (TSE), you will provide advanced technical support for Microsoft online advertising global sales teams with a primary focus on technically supporting paid search results that appear on Bing and other web properties such as AOL and Yahoo!. The individual that will succeed in this role will have experience in and a passion for great customer service and strong team relationships. You will partner with our platform development team, share knowledge and be an effective advocate for our internal/external partners. You will join a team that is focused on results, working together to solve problems, and committed to developing people.*Inside Microsoft's Web Experiences Team
- Perform deep technical investigations that stretch your skills as you traverse rich telemetry streams to isolate and solve complex performance issues for Microsoft Advertising customers & partners.
- Take ownership to resolve customer issues in accordance with service level agreements (SLAs) balancing speed and quality.
- Contribute to product improvements by filing bugs and design change requests, and help developers fix and ship them to production to prevent customers from being impacted.
- Drive root cause analysis and service improvements involving bug fixes in close partnership across several Engineering teams.
- Use judgement and effective communication skills to compose timely Global Alerts and issue visibility correspondence to sales teams and partners.
- Create process or troubleshooting documentation that enables knowledge base for Tier 1 and Tier 2 support teams.
- Conduct data and trend analysis to create insightful customer stories that influence Platform ENGG team product roadmaps and gaps, business decisions, and training/readiness content.
- Collect and align customer/partner feedback on Microsoft products and services (e.g., surveys, listening systems); acts as the voice of the customer by providing actionable feedback across groups (e.g., product team, account management, services leadership team) about customer/partner experience and competitor threats; proposes new initiatives to anticipate risks.
- Provide thought leadership to influence strategy when engaging with customers and partner and contribute to business case development for policy changes and engineering asks.
- Drive revenue upsell during consultations by identifying and recommending customer-centric optimization opportunities.
- Prioritize and deliver against client planned technical initiatives. This can be in the form of specific client work, consultations, implementations and/or scaled solutions.
- Support effective rollouts of new pilots and features. Participate in Engineering led bug bashes to help launch stable and low friction releases to markets globally.
- Anticipate customer issues to design and automate platform checks to engage with Engineering proactively before customers escalates.
- Establish requirements and collaborates with others across the organization to build monitoring and diagnostic tools that automate the discovery and resolution of issues.
- Occasional night and weekend on-call work is required.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline
- Preferred advanced problem-solving ability to drive great customer service and strong team relationships
- Minimum 4 - 6 years' experience in a technical support or software development organization (Tier 3 experience preferred), in the online industry for a high-volume commercial website or service
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience using TSQL required with ability to manipulate data rapidly and use complex joins (3+ years’ experience preferred) and Stored Procs
- Ability to analyze and visualize large data sets to find issue trend
- Practical experience running online systems built on Azure or similar cloud providers
- 2+ years’ experience with the following web API technologies preferred: SOAP, JSON, XML
- 2+ years of automation experience in C# or Python is preferred
- Experience working with remote/virtual teams; ability to collaborate across boundaries
- Communication skills are a key component of this role with audiences that include customers, peers and occasional executive presence
- Strong documentation skills to be utilized for case management, knowledge capture, bug management and training
- Storytelling, influencing for impact skills, attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated with passion for the success of the customer and proven capability to develop key relationships
- Data driven with a focus on business impact for projects undertaken
- PMP or 2+ years of experience in a product management or program management or engineering environment
- Organic & Paid search platform experience preferred
- Ability to work through self-directed, ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated skills in dealing with strong and diverse groups
- Deep understanding of service and support operational excellence and best practices
- Ability to self-direct and work independently, with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed commitments/objectives and take ownership of complex problems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
#Service Engineering # Microsoft Advertising
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.