Senior Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Microsoft Digital is responsible for building, managing, and securing the products, processes, and services that our company runs on. Microsoft Digital helps all Microsoft employees get their jobs done, by strategically managing and maintaining horizontal platforms such as SAP, Adobe, our business applications such as Dynamics 365, productivity, and collaboration experiences like Teams and SharePoint. As the first customer of our own products and services, Microsoft Digital’s charter is to influence and work with engineering teams across the company to build and grow the cloud products and services we deploy to enterprise customers at scale across the globe. The Customer Experience (CX) org within Microsoft Digital plays a critical role in the company’s digital transformation as we build and run the services to power and transform marketing, retail, commerce, industry solutions, and customer support & success for Microsoft.
Would you like to work on technologies which help our Microsoft Experience Centers (MEC) come to life using our giant trademark video walls? Do you enjoy the challenges that come with building full-stack ecosystems? Do you seek the opportunity to help grow and shape a new platform and a new team?
We are the engineering team which makes our MECs more engaging and exciting by creating platforms and tools enabling delightful experiences. We build the software which drives the video walls, the cloud backends interacting with them, and the cloud front ends for controlling them. Additionally, we are always adding to our capabilities to make the customer experience better. We are a high-impact and high-visibility team of talented individuals who operate in a lightweight, fast paced, collaborative Agile environment. We value passion, collaboration, adaptability, and a desire to learn new technical areas.
We are looking for a senior software engineer who can help us continue to build out our full-stack ecosystem by building the best and most polished video player and corresponding cloud services on the market. If you are someone who has a strong and diverse technical background with experience in building Windows apps, Web Apps and/or Azure technologies (Storage, Websites, Active Directory, Service Bus, Key Vault, etc.) we would like to talk to you.
- Work collaboratively with a team of diverse and talented peers and foster an environment where group success outweighs individual success.
- Provide strong technical leadership, raise the technical bar, maintain data and results-driven culture, nurture a team culture of high collaboration and trust.
- Participate actively in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue investigations with the feature teams and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals.
- Come up with creative solutions to develop innovative interaction models to create compelling user experiences.
- Execute in an agile model where you do up-front sprint planning, participate in scrums, and maintain a good glide path towards completion.
- Own accurate costing for your engineering activities and execute with high accountability to schedule and quality.
- Contribute to the development of the test infrastructure for our features.
- Maintain an unwavering focus on our customers and the value you can deliver to them.
Required knowledge, experience, and skills:
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing software in a full stack capacity.
- 5+ years programming skills in C#, Java, or C++
- 3+ years creating and using cloud services
Preferred knowledge, experience, and skills:
- VueJS, Angular, React, and/or ASP.NET Core
- REST services
- Outstanding technical problem solving and debugging capability.
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating solutions leveraging Azure.
- Experience in algorithm design with a background in mathematics or statistics.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Windows services or Unreal Engine is a big plus, but not required.
- A BS, MSc, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
Describe the ideal candidate (optional)
The ideal candidate could come from a variety of backgrounds. People that have experience delivering high quality, reliable, maintainable, and scalable, full stack solutions using Azure or other cloud technologies. Any experience with Unreal Engine is a major plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.