Principal Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Microsoft Azure is in the cloud race to win it. We are part of the Azure networking team responsible for designing, building and operating critical network services that will help us differentiate from our fierce competitors and generate new revenue. We are responsible for running Microsoft's backbone network in the most efficient and performant way possible. At the core is a solid SDN infrastructure that we continuously innovate on to improve agility, reliability and cost effectiveness of our services. Our team's innovations are well recognized in the cloud and networking industry. Our team is looking for software engineers who are searching for a challenge to design, implement, deploy, and monitor large-scale distributed systems. The developer will participate in architecture and design of various aspects of this service and ensure a timely execution of the components with high quality. The developer will own the component end-to-end, including managing dependencies as well as monitoring and alerting for the deployed component. The position will involve extensive internal and external collaborations with other Azure/Microsoft teams as well as networking vendors. This is a high visibility position in an area of large and expanding investment for Azure and offers a terrific opportunity for technical and career growth. Check out following links related to our work –
Advancing global network reliability through intelligent software—part 2 of 2 | Azure Blog and Updates | Microsoft Azure (see SWAN and Bandwidth Broker)
- The developer will participate in architecture and design of various aspects of this service and ensure a timely execution of the components with high quality.
- The developer will own the component end-to-end, including managing dependencies as well as monitoring and alerting for the deployed component.
- The developer will collaborate with rest of Azure networking teams to operate our backbone network effectively and efficiently.
- 8+ years of professional software development experience preferably in a networking and/or distributed systems environment.
- BS/MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- We are seeking candidates with expertise in Networking and Distributed Systems.
- Experience with public cloud platforms, such as Azure, is a plus.
The successful candidate will bring:
- Systems programming experience
- Building cloud scale network services
- Solid Design and Dev skills
- Proven ability to solve hard problems (scale, performance, reliability)
- Intense eagerness to learn and ready to dive deep into complex problems
- Passion and drive for profound impact and experience in shipping services
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.