This job is no longer accepting applications.
At ApplyBoard, we are building a movement - an education revolution. We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education.
We are a company with an ambitious vision - to educate the world. Since our founding in 2015, we have supported more than 100,000 students with their education journey and work with 1,200+ educational institutions across Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom diversify their campuses.
As part of the DevOps and Cloud Management team, your mission is highly resilient, and responsive service infrastructure for both the development pipeline as well as our production systems.
A tight coupling and collaboration is required with the Product Management and Development teams to ensure that ApplyBoard is able to remain nimble at ever increasing scale. This will be delivered through ensuring that we are in adherence with OLA’s and SLA’s. In addition, you will drive the team to ensure that the processes and procedures that help achieve that adherence are in place and maintained.
What you’ll be doing every day:
- Hands-on, technically proficient, Proactive Operational Manager, experienced working on Production issues and incidents in the cloud.
- Proactively manage incidents and problems to minimize customer impact and meet SLAs.
- Facilitate post incident review meetings to drive root cause analysis, customer impact, remediation plan and lessons learned
- Providing rotating 24/7 Incident Management on-call support
- Act as the incident liaison for escalations from other departments
- Recommend and implement suggestions for process improvements to adapt to new requirements or new product offerings.
- Create internal and customer facing Post Incident Reports for major incidents and identify improvements of processes within the department or externally.
What you bring to the table:
- Experience designing incident and problem management processes.
- Experience leading teams in an operational / Technical environment
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience as an Incident Manager.
- Experience in a 24/7 SLA based IT Operations/Application Support Environment.
- Experience using an ITSM based ticketing system preferably JIRA Service Desk.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Have utilized incident management services/platforms such as PagerDuty and StatusPage.
Ideally, you also have experience with some of:
- AWS Cloud certifications and experience
- ITIL V3 foundation certification
- Related ITIL certifications
- Project management certifications like SCRUM and PMP
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team based in Waterloo and Toronto
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to:
· Join the fastest-growing technology company in Canada, with many opportunities for growth and advancement.
· Work alongside a globally diverse team of over 500 team members based in 18 countries, who represent over 30 nationalities and speak more than 40 languages
· Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities
Hear our engineers share stories about their life at ApplyBoard
ApplyBoard simplifies the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions on one platform. To date, ApplyBoard has become the world’s largest online platform for international student recruitment, assisting more than 100,000 students with their educational journey.
In 2019, ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list. In May 2020, ApplyBoard announced a C$100M Series C funding on a C$2B valuation, reaching a ‘Unicorn’ status. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world.
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we provide equal opportunity to applicants regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction.
If you require an accommodation to submit an application and/or during the interview process, please notify the Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com. Requests will be addressed confidentially.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
On a mission to educate the world by making education accessible.