Global Comp Program Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
This role will support – from a compensation perspective – the evolving and modernizing of how Microsoft manages and pays our talent. The program manager will help influence the various compensation workstreams and stakeholders as we asses our current compensation programs and look for opportunities to modernize the way we pay to ensure that we continue to attract and retain the best and brightest in our industry.
Program Design & Adaptation –
- Create principles that guide the design and adaption of a large-scale or complex compensation programs; perform deep analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of current compensation programs and potential impacts of alternative programs to identify gaps in program design.
- Lead compensation design and adaptation processes that synthesize market information; interpret new/emerging legislation and industry trends; anticipate and consider business needs while ensuring cross-program alignment; gain support from leadership for an in-business compensation program (e.g., a specific local program) by partnering with HRBP, identifying resources required and applying best practices.
Program Implementation –
- Interact with internal and external advisors (e.g., Legal, Diversity & Inclusion, external survey vendors) to anticipate implications of compensation change and readiness plans; synthesize and incorporate guidance from advisors to implement programs within appropriate parameters.
Program Management –
- Lead and/or execute a large, complex, or custom compensation programs and ensure that programs support the business and HR plans; manage and review compensation analyses and reports; present findings and recommendations to senior leadership for review and approval of compensation models in partnership with HRBP; monitor program effectiveness (e.g., participation, attrition impact).
- Drive complex, high-risk projects; consults and partners with business HR teams as a subject matter expert to advise on compensation programs and processes (e.g., annual planning process), resolve intricate compensation issues and make recommendations to improve processes.
Compensation Education & Consultation –
- Independently handle the most complex compensation questions (e.g., Tier IV escalations) from internal executive clients (e.g., Senior leadership team) and deliver solutions, often in ambiguous or unusual circumstances; coach internal partners on compensation-related decisions, including regulatory implications and mitigation strategies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Business Acumen - The ability to understand the parts of the business and their interrelationships. This includes skill in understanding the industry, competition, and expected future developments and challenges, the business's competitive strengths and weaknesses, opportunities to grow the business and reduce operating costs; and awareness of the environment for opportunities.
- Data Analysis - The ability to systematically gather information from a variety of sources, analyze information, identify implications of data, draw conclusions, generate alternatives and solutions, and evaluate the consequences of choosing each alternative using quality metrics and data. This includes the ability to convert general data and findings into applied, specific information and suggestions that add value to business planning and strategies.
- Compensation Analysis - The ability to conduct compensation analysis. This includes the abilty to gather and interpret compensation data.
- Compensation Trends - The ability to stay abreast of compensation trends in the marketplace including competitor practices as well as the ability to analyze compensation and job data that exhibits an ongoing pattern. This includes the ability to forecast future compensation issues and demands.
- Change Management - The ability to define and implement procedures and/or technologies to deal with changes in the environment. This may include adapting to change, controlling change, and/or affecting change.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field AND 5+ years of related work experience o OR 6+ years of directly related compensation work experience.
- OR 7+ years of general HR experience or other related work experience
- Compensation project management experience
- Compensation program design experience
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent organization, presentation and interpersonal skills required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.