Recruiter - 18 month contract
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Do you have a passion for hiring great talent? We are looking for experienced Recruiters who enjoy big challenges, and would like contribute to a high-performing team who hire for some of our fatest growing businesses in engineering, support, services and sales. This role is more than simple recruiting, you should be able to effectively communicate with candidates and articulate career opportunities that will engage the best talent around. You’ll cover the basics of end to end recruiting often through delivery of large scale hiring events, leverage your technical and business knowledge to develop meaningful recruiting strategies which promote various methods to source, evaluate, and pipeline technical and sales candidates for Microsoft.
This is a vendor/fixed term contract role for 18 months.
Candidate Assessment and Screening
- Assessment Opportunities - create great assessment and interviewing experiences for external applicants, employees
- and managers.
- Screening - conducting CV and online screening and assessing of candidates; qualifying talent by assessing relevant factors such as relocation considerations, immigration and compensation.
- Candidate Engagement - Generate potential candidates by telling our business story and contribute to the development of new stories; generate awareness through community outreach events and strategic networking.
- Internal Practices - Share best practices on sourcing, recruiting, networking and closing techniques; you track candidate activity and share insights with internal stakeholders.
- Microsoft Representation - You'll coach the client to represent Microsoft’s unique career possibilities, advantages, and rewards that are distinct from those of other companies.
- Gathering requirements and develop hiring plans that meet candidate needs throughout the hiring lifecycle; you will own elements of the candidate experience and prepare candidates for next phases of the recruitment process, enhancing the candidate experience at all phases of the relationship through close partnering with the business.
Data Analysis and Hiring Plans
- You will analyze relevant data and trends to provide insight, and consult with a business, area, or subsidiary to implement a hiring plan that addresses both business demand and talent availability for short-term and near-term needs; you review and analyze data and trends to improve staffing performance, and use insights to support other teams.
Operational Compliance and Excellence
- Apply internal and external staffing policies, standards, and/or regulations throughout the entire staffing lifecycle to educate clients, stakeholders, and other staffers on policy, system, and process issues; Maintain current documentation on candidates’ qualifications and status in the appropriate staffing or tracking system, within compliance guidelines.
- You'll understand factors relevant to the business and hiring managers' needs (e.g., time to hire, location, budget) and use this knowledge to develop and implement end-to-end hiring plan aligned to the needs of the business group.
- You will parner with your business area on talent needs and opportunities and discuss differentiated and alternative types of talent (e.g., compete, diverse, nontraditional) that may not be typically considered.
- You'll use an understanding of talent markets and complex candidate profiles, as well as growing relationships with new talent pools and communities with future potential, to identify and engage candidates.
- You will develop strategies to generate differentiated talent in emerging roles or highly competitive talent pools to meet long-term business needs (e.g., industry, technical recruiting).
- 3+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), human resources experience, or industry experience related to role, ideally in technology company but not essential.
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Liberal Arts, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field AND 1+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), human resources experience, or industry experience related to role.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- LinkedIn Certification
- Technical recruiting experience
- Multinational Recruiting experience
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.