This job is no longer accepting applications.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more – so within the Total Rewards organization, we aspire to deliver an exceptional portfolio of programs and services that inspire our employees to do and bring their very best.
The Compensation Consulting Team is the connective tissue between the roles that design and own our compensation philosophy and programs and the roles across the broader HR organization that leverage and implement the frameworks and guidance to support their business clients. In this role, you will have the opportunity to consult on a range of compensation issues, typically under the following circumstances:
- Interpretation and/or application of current compensation policies and guidelines or
- Addressing a compensation issues beyond the scope of existing programs or frameworks
The ideal candidate has a strong customer service orientation and is comfortable navigating the delicate balance between operating with agility and flexibility while honoring and upholding the intent of processes, policies, and guidelines. We are looking for someone who can be a trusted advisor by weaving together data and insights in a manner that is easy to consume and digest to influence and enable HR partners and business leaders to make well-informed and convicted decisions.
- Solves escalations and answers questions related to policy, tools and/or Web content from clients and internal partners. Acts as the voice of the clients and partners for their own area, and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Advises clients and partners on compensation policies. Follows up on concerns and challenges by providing specific compensation support.
- Analyzes market data and adheres to company policies and procedures to execute compensation processes and practices and report information.
Compensation Education & Consultation
- Contributes to the development of onboarding and training materials to educate employees and managers on compensation programs.
- Provides answers to compensation questions of varying complexity (e.g., Tier III escalations) from internal partners (e.g., HRBP, Global Talent Acquisition) and makes recommendations on handling compensation-related queries.
- Provides information to internal partners on organizational compensation practices and identifies situations where customized solutions (e.g., retention, competitive offers) or consulting may be necessary.
- 2+ years general HR experience or other related work experience
- OR 1+ years directly related compensation work experience AND Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Compensation project management experience.
- Compensation program design experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.