Global Health and Research Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Leveraging a background in healthcare and public health, we are looking for someone to bring healthcare acumen, strong analytical and organizational skills, and a drive for results to the complex and varied nature of our global health and wellness programs and initiatives. We are looking for a Global Health and Research Manager who can provide project and program management expertise for our Global Benefits programs. This includes managing ongoing public health response to COVID-19, healthcare benefits, and wellness programs.
This role will partner with internal and external stakeholders to document and understand the requirements for Microsoft that come from local and national regulations or public health authority orders across Microsoft’s global portfolio. The role will advise on appropriate response and execute on Microsoft’s internal COVID-19 requirements (i.e., COVID-19 health and safety mitigations, vaccination requirement, and COVID-19 testing). In addition, as COVID-19 responsibilities allow, this role will partner on research and evaluation projects in Global Benefits to better evaluate Microsoft’s benefits outcomes.
Program Design and Adaptation
- Creates principles that guide program design and adaptation for health and wellness programs.
- Leads program design and adaptation processes that interpret new or emerging legislation and industry trends. Synthesizes market information and meets business needs while ensuring cross-program alignment. Uses this insight to work with external partners to improve Microsoft’s benefits programs.
- Communicates value of new or changing benefits programs and provides recommendations regarding the overall cost of proposed changes to their manager. Influences stakeholders to gain buy-in and approval of program design.
- Provides advice and guidance to others within and across teams (e.g., IT, Legal, Tax, Communications, HR Services) using their area of expertise to improve and integrate plans and materials before and during program implementation, and for ongoing management. Ensures alignment with internal teams' programs and other systems.
- Acts as a thought leader and project manager in implementing large or global benefits programs (e.g., wellness programs, healthcare). Develops change and readiness plans.
- Coaches the organization on mitigation strategies and potential legal and regulatory implications of program change and readiness plans by staying up to date on relevant legislation and policies. Interacts with internal and external stakeholders to influence and drive mitigation of legal and regulatory implications.
- Runs complex programs (g., spanning multiple countries, high participant volume, highly regulated) encompassing annual processes and collateral resources, and ensures that the programs support the business and HR by monitoring progress and results and adapting to competing demands, market trends, and organizational changes. Brings industry perspective and business insight to discussions with prospective suppliers and business partners.
- Facilitates the promotion and awareness of Microsoft's benefits programs by communicating and presenting program value to internal stakeholders and engaging with internal communications teams.
- Drives complex, high-risk projects. Consults and partners with clients as a subject matter expert to resolve technical issues and develop approaches to improving processes. Recommends short- and long-term benefits solutions (e.g., policy adjustments, program corrections, leveraging of existing solutions) to meet business need. Handles highly complicated, sensitive, and/or nuanced escalations (e.g., Tier IV).
- Manages compliance of benefits programs by incorporating Microsoft philosophy, policies, and procedures, as well as regulatory, governmental, and other external compliance considerations into the development and implementation of business plans. Monitors resources (e.g., web content, toolkits) to maintain compliance.
Supplier Selection & Management
- Leads supplier evaluation, requests for proposals, selection, and on-boarding for their areas by executing screening processes involving interviews, annual reviews, and contracting in partnership with other groups (e.g., Procurement, Corporate Functions Engineering, Supplier Security, Privacy Assurance).
- Recommends guidelines and standards for vendor performance. Maintains or improves vendor performance by monitoring and identifying performance issues. Addresses supplier-delivery issues and ensures resolutions to performance issues.
- Establishes supplier relationships and negotiates competitive service contracts (for new and current suppliers) to define performance targets and deliverables.
- 10+ years of work experience in HR, Benefits, Public Health or related roles OR 7+ years of work experience in HR, Benefits, Public Health or related roles with Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Social Sciences, or related field.
- Readily conversant in unique aspects/challenges related to designing and offering employee health and wellenss programs outside the U.S.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience with health programs spanning the globe.
- 2+ years of experience implementing programs within a multi-national company.
- MPH, MHA or PhD in Public Health
- Ability to work both independently with minimal direction and collaboratively across multiple functions both externally and internally (Legal, HR Line, HR Services, HRIT etc.).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.