HR Project Portfolio Management
This job is no longer accepting applications.
HR Services is critical to the overall effectiveness of the HR experience across Microsoft. HR Services brings the HR support model and experience to the scale of the global Microsoft employee population by providing the platform for end-to-end operational services and employee experiences with responsibilities spanning employee self-service, assisted support, and employee relations. HR Services is responsible for the operational delivery across a broad range of employee life-cycle experiences such as onboarding, performance and development rewards, talent movement and offboarding. As the catalyst for HR digital transformation, HR Services is also leading the Human Capital Management solution strategy with the global launch of our new HR Core Solution. HR Services holds the key accountability for HR privacy, risk, and compliance.
The Portfolio Manager will help to provide a single Service Centre voice into HR Services portfolio and program planning and will help to ensure effective utilization of service centre resources to support core service delivery as well as projects, programs, and critical run activities.
The Portfolio Manager has the overall responsibility to support our Service Centre Leadership Team through:
- Consuming HR and non-HR project plans to understand potential resource impact on our Service Delivery operations. The Portfolio Manager will drive a “One Service Centre” view of all process & tool changes from global and local programs.
- Routinely aligning with Service Managers and Service Centre Leads on overall change impact to the Service Centre. You will support overall readiness planning as well as capability and capacity planning to ensure change is absorbed across all Service Line teams within the Service Delivery organization.
- In partnership with local Service Center Lead, Service Managers and Quality Assurance team, leveraging data and analysis to help the regional Service Centre to effectively plan and prioritize the key opportunities/initiatives that will have the maximum impact across all Service Lines.
- Understanding and influencing the ownership and prioritization of local opportunities and help feed them back into the global program owners.
- Pro-actively consult and coach managers within the Service Delivery organization on managing change, process management and help sequence opportunities to drive change.
- Partner closely with HR Services Program Owner and Project Leads to collect information needed for capacity & capability planning in the Service Centres and surface the “windows of opportunity” for landing the changes.
- Building and maintaining relationships between the regional Service Centre, the Portfolio Management team, and global program owners and project leads in HR Services to ensure effective execution of the portfolio of programs and projects.
- Helping to minimize the impact and disruption of managing/executing a large, complex project portfolio on the operational delivery of our Service Centres
- Where needed, project lead initiatives that are identified as a priority and that support how we transform and scale our ways of working.
- 7+ years experience in Human Resources, Engineering, Operations, Compliance, or related field
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field AND 5+ years experience in Operations, Compliance, Human Resources, Engineering, or related field.
- A proven record in Project Management and Program Management and experience coordinating a regional or global project portfolio
- Ability to create and sustain effective relationships, to listen and collaborate with as well to influence team members at all organizational levels.
- Ability to synthesize and clarify issues and risks for leaders to make effective resource planning decisions.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and constructively negotiate with a diverse group of stakeholders in an evolving and dynamic environment to drive good trade off decisions.
- Relevant experience applying analytical methods to business problems, presenting the story behind the data in a structure way, and driving improved decision-making and outcomes.
- Great to have but not a must – Power BI, certification in PMP or Prosci Change Management (or similar), Business Analysis, Operations, or Workforce Planning background.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.