Internal Hiring Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Our Internal Hiring team will be responsible for realizing the Internal Hiring North Star articulated by our Excellence team, through the Horizon based approach to Shift Culture and Build Capability in Internal Hiring, Optimize Talent Movement, and create clarity and consistency in Internal Hiring processes and tools.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our growing recruiting team as an Internal Hiring Specialist focused on creating improved experiences for candidates and Hiring Managers through operational excellence in the internal recruiting process. As an Internal Hiring Specialist you will have the ability to directly influence internal candidate and hiring manager experience as the primary recruiter for all internal only posted requisitions and by supporting offer management activities for all internal offers for all requisition types.
Stakeholder/Client Engagement - You understand the needs and requirements of the Talent Acquisition team and set expectations with the client and stakeholders. You ensure communication on changing hiring needs by developing working relationships with HR, business partners and key stakeholders.
- Candidate Experience - You support efforts to make sure candidates are engaged in and satisfied throughout the recruitment process, partnering with your team to help candidates prepare for each phase.
- Operational Compliance & Excellence - You apply established Microsoft staffing policies and standards in execution of your work, and educate clients on the appropriate processes and policies.
- Offer Management: Gather information to create and present offer recommendations to Hiring Managers. Route for approvals to HR partners based on policy. Manage offer negotiations to internal candidates.
- Maintain accurate candidate data real time in recruitment systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Quality Assurance - Knowledge of and the ability to follow systematic and continuing processes of checking to see whether a product, service, or process, is meeting specified requirements. This includes knowledge of quality measurements and defined standards.
- Consulting - The skill to influence others, develop and maintain working relationships, and deliver results and/or expertise for a client in a professional manner.
- Systems Thinking - The ability to analyze and recognize how a system's parts interrelate and how sub-systems work over time within the context of larger systems. This includes the ability to view systems with a broad perspective and identify overall structures, patterns, and cycles.
- Decision Making - The ability to make decisions in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. This includes the ability to define, diagnose, and determine an appropriate resolution, recommendation or decision while considering alternatives and factors (e.g., resources, costs, tradeoffs).
- Judgement - The ability to compare, contrast, and analyze data, people, situations, etc. to formulate a valid conclusion.
- Problem Solving - The ability to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Time Management - The ability to plan and exercise conscious control over the amount of time spent on specific activities, especially to increase effectiveness, efficiency or productivity.
- 5+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role requirement
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Liberal Arts, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field AND 3+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.