HR Shared Services Support
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
HR Services is critical to the overall effectiveness of the HR experience across Microsoft. HR Services brings the HR support model and experience to the scale of the global Microsoft employee population by providing the platform for end-to-end operational services and employee experiences with responsibilities spanning employee self-service, assisted support, and employee relations. HR Services is responsible for the operational delivery across a broad range of employee life-cycle experiences such as onboarding, performance and development, rewards, talent movement and offboarding. HR Services holds the key accountability for HR privacy, risk and compliance.
The HR Business Process Manager is an integral member of the HR Services organization and plays a key role in the delivery of high-quality HR Programs to business leaders, managers, and employees, as well as to the HR Community. This role is accountable for the overall process and support readiness health of Core Service Delivery as a specialized process expert in a region and/or program area, partnering across multiple stakeholder groups. You will design and integrate scalable solutions with service delivery, develop a robust framework to monitor and mature and ensure our HR Services support teams are ready for process, policy and/or program changes to provide our employees with a great experience.
Operational Process Management, Compliance and Support Readiness
- Partners with multiple stakeholders across Program, CELA, Engineering, HR and HR Services to lead design work for current and future business process workflow/experience documentation to support planning, design and implement stages of new solution development or changes to existing solution.
- Recommends solutions to address process failings and contributes to the continuous improvement of processes by identifying action plans; implements solutions to exceed key performance indicator (KPI) targets and drive process improvement and future investment to drive efficiency and improved employee experience.
- Ensures up-to-date documentation of processes, desktop procedures, and knowledge-based content by leading/driving reviews of the documentation and adjusting in a timely manner. Leads and manages HR Taxonomy updates to keep service line current.
- Drives operational process alignment that optimizes and operationalizes end-to-end service delivery model; understands critical limitations and insights on whether and how to transition work from HR roles to Service Center teams.
- Performs and executes audits and risk assessments; reviews Human Resources (HR) compliance risks and trends; makes recommendations to address risks and non-compliance through process and/or system.
- Participates in the design, implementation, and monitoring of preventative and detective internal controls and related processes; partners with Solution Managers to design systems access controls and onboard business data validation controls.
- Leads HR assisted support funnel readiness of HR programs, policy, process and HR Taxonomy by developing readiness materials inclusive of self-service and knowledgebase articles and documenting clear escalation paths.
- Ensure HR support model is resourced and equipped with knowledge/training to sustain new programs or changes to existing programs.
- Provides operational, infrastructure, and employee support analysis during planning stages of new project proposals in a focus area; presents analysis results and recommendations to facilitate project management; identifies opportunities to improve services and employee experience; evolves service of the operations team and quality of the projects supported.
- Implements project plans and tracks progress and deliverables; contributes insights in project meetings; communicates with relevant stakeholders/project sponsors/steering committee (e.g., business leaders, HR and Engineering partners) about project status and impacts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Business Analysis - The ability to identify business needs and determine solutions to business problems; solutions may include a software-systems development component, process improvement, organizational change or strategic planning and policy development.
Business Process Reengineering - Knowledge of the process required to align people, processes and technology with strategies to achieve business integration and the ability to take a business in its current state and form an organizational and operational blueprint to redirect skills, policies, information, cultural values, organizational structures, processing and incentives towards targeted improvements.
Change Management - The ability to define and implement procedures and/or technologies to deal with changes in the environment. This may include adapting to change, controlling change, and/or affecting change.
Process Design - The ability to determine the workflow, equipment needs, and implementation requirements for a particular process. This also includes the skill in using a number of tools including flowcharting, process simulation software, and scale models
Project Management - Knowledge of and the ability to carry out the process of planning, organizing, and managing tasks and resources to accomplish a well-defined objective. This includes the ability to manage and provide project deliverables, optimize the contribution of the people involved, and assess the impact of project decisions on quality, productivity, schedules, cost, performance, etc.
Systems Thinking - The ability to analyze and recognize how a system's parts interrelate and how sub-systems work overtime within the context of larger systems. This includes the ability to view systems with a broad perspective and identify overall structures, patterns, and cycles.
Administrative Document Design - The ability to design, prepare, and deliver information in a manner that is consistent with the requirements of the job (e.g., logs, forms, and technical, program, system, specifications, requirements, general reports, legal, manuals).
Human Resources Business Processes - Knowledge of Human Resources activities and business operations from beginning to end, including interactions with other business processes and functions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- 5-7+ years experience in HR, Customer Support, or related field
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field AND 5+ years experience in Operations, Customer Support, HR, or related field
- OR Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or Operations AND 4+years experience in Operations, Customer Support, HR, or related field.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 2+ years experience applying process improvement methodologies.
- Visio experience (minimum intermediate user)
- Fluency in English
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.