Global Mobility Tax and Compliance Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
We are in the process of creating the Mobility Program of the future, so a great opportunity to join us and have an impact in our internal Mobility program that will redefine the discipline within Microsoft and later to the industry with our Go to Market Strategy through our strategic partner offerings.
Join us in our journey to enable any Microsoft employee to change the world through agile mobility strategies that are cost effective and technology driven, with a focus on employee experience, business success, and compliance.
Program Design & Adaptation
- You develop, evaluate and update Global Mobility Tax programs to ensure compliance, competitiveness and align design with business needs. Drive program standards and efficiencies of mobility tax-related processes and systems while ensuring local compliance. Play a vital role in directing the design and development of new mobility tax policies and service delivery
- Oversee and manage the delivery of Global Mobility tax services, including working with the Global Mobility team, internal partners (corporate tax, finance, payroll, legal, stock program), and external tax services providers.
- Review mobility related tax issues and calculations, including the preparation of cost projections and hypothetical tax calculations, review of tax equalization calculations, year- end compensation summary process and the application of certificates of coverage. Manage/coordinate mobility tax audits (in coordination with local payroll teams and leveraging tax services provider. Manage assignment tax payment process through cooperative compliance tax payment process and required tax returns. Coordinate mobility tax-related due diligence and integration activity necessary in respect of acquisitions and/or divestitures
Mobility Education & Consultation
- You provide consultation to high-level to other GM team members and stakeholders. Liaise with Corporate Tax to define tax filing positions and secondment agreements. Stay current with and aware of research on related topics such as technical or treaty interpretation/application, regulatory issues, and payroll matters. Ensure tax services support a positive mobility experience for employees, and act as a central point of contact for Payroll, Finance, Corporate Tax, Business Managers, HR and assignees with respect to assignment tax issues
- Cultivate and employ mobility tax domain expertise; serve as a trusted advisor for client groups and other key partners
- Enable a positive experience for mobile employees and client groups, while identifying issues and risk areas and ensure appropriate follow up
- 10+ years of experience in a Human Resources role (e.g. Learning and Development, Employee Communications, Talent Acquisition, Compensation/Benefits/Global Mobility) OR 7+ years of experience in a Human Resources role (e.g. Learning and Development, Employee Communications, Talent Acquisition, Compensation/Benefits/Global Mobility) with Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Social Sciences or related field
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 1-2 years of project management experience
- 5+ years of work experience in HR, Accounting, Tax, or Payroll with focus on global mobility program management and expatriate taxation
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, lead change, recognize trends and identify systemic approaches to problem solving
- Experience partnering with senior executives, and teams within a complex, matrixed environment.
- Strong experience in benefits or mobility strategy, and ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively
- Experience with a multi-national corporation in a Global Mobility Program role preferable
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.