HR Service Advisor - Employee Moves (US Hours)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The HR Service Center provides operational and support services for Microsoft HR programs, with primary areas of focus being customer support services, core HR operations (HR Benefits, data administration, onboarding, leave administration, staffing, learning & development, etc.), business process optimization, HR online solutions, and project management. The success of the HR Services organization is critical to the overall effectiveness of HR and our ability to ensure consistent employee and manager experiences companywide.
The HR Services Advisor is a key role in the delivery of quality services to business leaders, managers and employees, as well as to the HR community and driving an agenda of continuous improvement. Within our Service Centers, our Employee Moves Teams ensures that every internal hire at Microsoft has the best experience as they transfer from one role to another; from background check, to relocation, to timely updates in HR data systems, payroll inputs and benefits enrolment as applicable. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic global organization and support the delivery of a best-in-class service experience for our global onboarding programs. This role will require you to work USA Hours (night shift).
HR Central Services Customer Support
- Supports employees and managers by responding to inquiries and performing transactions; addresses inquiries by researching policies and procedures as needed; triages inquiries to the appropriate queue.
- Contributes to the creation of training materials on how to use Human Resources shared services, platforms, and tools for employees and managers; learns the end-to-end service model.
- Participates in the implementation of new policies or processes by sharing input and/or suggestions based on employee feedback.
- Reviews own performance metrics target and identifies opportunities for improvement; shares input and raises opportunities for improvement to manager.
- Maintains and updates employee record database; enters data and reviews data input to ensure accuracy; identifies and reports discrepancies or issues in data administration to senior team members or team lead.
- Troubleshoots and reports issues or risks related to data integrity, security, and privacy and recommends needed fixes; works with team members to identify relevant factors related to the issue; protects data privacy and adheres to confidentiality requirements; performs planned data audits, as needed.
- Reviews documents and reports related to employee records in Human Resources processes (e.g., new hire on-boarding, compensation, termination) and verifies their accuracy; participates in information-gathering sessions with subject matter experts and stakeholders to understand reporting requirements.
- Documents and updates processes, desk-top procedures, and knowledge-based content as requested in a timely manner; provides input for change on knowledge base content to the team lead.
- Accountable for the overall delivery of Pre-Hire services, immigration relocation support, data management, onboarding assistance for the internal transfers
- Ensure the Maker-Checker process is followed, and Data Monitoring is done to ensure high quality of data across all HR tools associated with employee data administration
- Maintain efficient service delivery by ensuring transactional requests and assigned inquiries are completed within SLA depending on priority & complexity
- Responsible for driving the audits & controls for Employee Moves service line
- Participate in UAT and contribute with process / technology inputs for ongoing/upcoming digitization projects
- Contribute to quality projects / RCA’s and other lean initiatives
- Ensure desktop procedures are up to date with the process / technology changes (as applicable)
- Co-ordinate with stakeholders to resolve process gaps & improve employee/candidate experience
- Operate within the Data Privacy and security guidelines in the service line
- Follow the service process documentation, desk-top-procedures, and knowledge base articles for assisted support.
- Contribute to the global standard design for Internal transfer processes.
- Drive standardization and continuous improvement
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree / MBA or equivalent (any specialization) (Specialization in Human Resource Management will be an advantage)
- 4+ years’ experience in HR Shared Services with exposure to HR tools like SAP, PeopleSoft, SuccessFactors is required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience of processing new hires and transfers is preferable
- Knowledge of HR processes and exposure to a Shared Service Center environment
- Ability to maintain highly confidential and sensitive information
- Possess initiative & drive; with strong desire to continuously improve processes & deliver against agreed objectives/ service levels
- Ability to work effectively in a team and willingness to help others
- Experience with common help desk tool such as CRM is a plus
- Ability to work with/manage documents on a SharePoint is desirable
- Lean / Six Sigma certification will be an added advantage
- Must be able to work US shift patterns (night shifts)
Transport to and from the office and meals will be provided.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.