This job is no longer accepting applications.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their authentic selves each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission by representing Microsoft in today’s competitive talent market as we search for the nation’s top talent.
As a Talent Sourcer, you play a key role in the development and execution of our recruiting strategies by attracting candidates for our critical roles. In this role, you will leverage your creativity in finding and engaging candidates on the various career opportunities available at Microsoft. You will build relationships within the industry to identify the right talent and channels to target. You’ll cover the basics of recruiting, but more importantly, leverage your technical and business knowledge to develop meaningful recruiting strategies which promote various methods to source, evaluate, and ultimately hire candidates for Microsoft.
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions within our Global Talent Acquisition Team. Job responsibilities will remain the same regardless of final alignment. Hiring team and location will be determined following the interview process.
- Executes a hiring plan within aligned business groups. Balances multiple timeframes and expectations for budget, scope, and time.
- Identifies differentiated and alternative types of talent (e.g., compete, diverse, nontraditional) that may not be typically considered, and provides recommendations to business area.
Data Analysis & Hiring Plans
- Reviews data and market research and consults with the business to recommend and implement a hiring plan that addresses both business demand and talent availability. Reviews and analyzes data to improve staffing performance.
- Elicits interest in active and potential candidates by using business stories that represent Microsoft’s unique career possibilities, advantages, and rewards that are distinct from those of competitors.
- Maintains candidate satisfaction at all phases of the relationship by leveraging motivators and incentives to engage candidates and prepare them for next phases of the process. Identifies approaches to enhance candidate experience throughout hiring plans.
- Uses an understanding of talent markets and complex candidate profiles, as well as relationships with talent pools and communities, to identify, secure, and/or develop candidates for immediate and near-future needs and pipelines.
- Develops a pipeline that generates strategic and differentiated candidates to meet the future talent needs of the business. Identifies unique and non-traditional talent sources (e.g., university recruiting).
Candidate Assessment & Screening
- Leverages tools and assessment frameworks from Operations teams and Center of Excellence to assess candidates.
- Executes initial screening and assessing of candidates. Identifies and gathers information (e.g., ability to hire, relocation, immigration, compensation) to qualify talent pool.
Operational Compliance & Excellence
- Uses an understanding of the entire staffing lifecycle to apply the appropriate internal and external staffing policies, standards, and/or regulations to all stages of the staffing process. Educates clients on the appropriate processes and policies to ensure that compliance requirements are met.
- Maintains current documentation on candidates’ qualifications and status in the appropriate staffing or tracking system, within compliance guidelines (e.g., Office of Federal Compliance Programs, General Data Protection Regulation). Captures relevant data in recruiting platform and leverages data to inform meaningful insights.
- 3+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role OR Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Liberal Arts, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- LinkedIn Certification.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.