Manager of the Intern Program Team
This job is no longer accepting applications.
In Microsoft’s Global Talent Acquisition organization, our mission is to engage and hire the people who empower the planet. We endeavor to play a vital role in delivering on the promise of Microsoft’s culture and ultimately, make a difference in the world, through how and who we recruit. We believe that when recruiting experiences reflect the value and diversity of talented people, everyone can achieve more.
As the Manager of the Intern Program team within our Global University Recruiting (UR) organization, you are at the center of the action and will work closely across internal and external stakeholders to define and execute the overall Intern experience from beginning to end. You will lead a high-performing and collaborative team accountable for managing the Intern Program experience at scale across multiple locations globally. In this role, you will leverage your passion for nurturing and growing early in career talent and your expertise developing sophisticated engagement strategies to deliver a world-class experience for our Interns and stakeholders. You will need to effectively manage multiple projects and partnerships, creating clarity for the team you lead and your network of stakeholder partners.
You will lead the broader intern program strategy across all regions to fulfill the top pipeline for university talent including:
- Drive intern program strategy on a global scale, landing a vision and executing creative solutions with the working team and cross company stakeholders.
- Manage the intern program team. Deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching and caring.
- Manage partnerships with internal teams and vendors to facilitate all program elements including: compensation & benefits, relocation procedures, performance management, new employee orientation, events, diversity & inclusion programs, philanthropy, company training & readiness.
- Collaborate with UR stakeholders, business and HR leaders to drive consistent program policies and standards.
- Ability to partner with executive leadership and support teams for intern activities, engagement and events.
- Manage a multi-million dollar budget with strong emphasis on ROI, forecasting and increased efficiencies.
- Leverage GTA/UR tools and systems to drive efficiencies at large volume.
- Leverage data and analytics to drive increased Intern to full time employee conversion and improved Intern satisfaction.
- 8+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role
- OR Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Liberal Arts, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field AND 5+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role.
- 2+ years formal or informal leadership/managerial experience.
- 5+ years of large scale program management experience in a results oriented environment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.