HR Business Process Manager - Pay & Data
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The HR Services center of excellence provides operational and support services for Microsoft HR programs, with primary areas of focus being customer support services, core HR operations (HR data administration, onboarding, leave administration, staffing, learning & development, etc.), business process optimization, HR online solutions, and project management. The success of the HR Services organization is critical to the overall effectiveness of HR and our ability to ensure consistent employee and manager experiences companywide. The HR Business Process Manager - Pay & Data, is a subject matter expert role that is key in ensuring the delivery of quality payroll inputs and processes as employee HR data is processed through monthly pay cycles, as well as contribution to a wider pay ecosystem community, and driving an agenda of continuous improvement.
This position requires an action oriented professional, who will be primarily responsible for developing partnerships with our data mastery Service Lines in the Centre, Finance Operations, and Payroll communities to deliver quality and consistent employee data feeding into pay cycles, as well as working on pay input standardization and data quality across the HR Services centre. The ideal candidate will have hands-on knowledge of SAP HR or SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central, experience working in HR shared services, experience with payroll processes and outsourced payroll operational models. To be successful in this role, the individual in this position will need to excel at: Peer support/leadership, operational execution, attention to detail, customer service, analytical problem solving, communications, and continuous improvement.
- Accountable for the relationship and interface between Microsoft HR Services, Finance, and an outsourced payroll administration provider. Additionally, partner with global HR Service community to integrate requirements into programs
- Accountable for defining and supporting implementation of consistent HR data mastery practices to support quality and consistent payroll cycles
- Accountable for developing insights on trends and issues across payroll service delivery to influence prioritization of future programs and activities; including metrics & error tracking for analysis and insights development with focus on employee experience
- Accountable for contributing to the global standard design for payroll input processes, including local variances, documentation & related change management
- Participate and sign-off on quarterly Employee Central test cycles and results, ensuring clarity on data and process implications to downstream flow into payroll.
- Accountable for a comprehensive data audit & pay data controls framework for the centre, working with partners to ensure global consistency with other centres, and driving standardization and continuous improvement based on root cause analysis & implementation for errors & variance findings
- Contributing to creation and implementation of new payment/wage types into existing processes
- Coordinate with Privacy & Compliance, and all service line for continuous improvement
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Understanding of end-to-end payroll lifecycle
- Detailed knowledge of HR Core systems and payroll data
- Maintain highly confidential and sensitive information
- Judgement and decision making that improve employee service or address privacy/compliance issues with a sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written) with an ability to listen & respond to employees
- Use quality framework and tools for Trend Analysis, Root cause analysis, provide immediate and permanent fix for service defects with strong desire to continuously improve processes & deliver against agreed objectives/ service levels
- End-to-end process understanding, ability to develop and maintain processes, documentation, and knowledge bases
- Project management skills, influencing skills and ability to train a team on an ongoing basis
- Collaborative: build on the work of others and support the success of others
- 7+ years of relevant work experience
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.