HR Service Manager, Employee Moves
This job is no longer accepting applications.
HR Services is critical to the overall effectiveness of the HR experience across Microsoft. HR Services brings the HR support model and experience to the scale of the global Microsoft employee population by providing the platform for end-to-end operational services and employee experiences with responsibilities spanning employee self-service, assisted support, and employee relations. HR Services is responsible for the operational delivery across a broad range of employee life-cycle experiences such as onboarding, talent movement, and offboarding. As the catalyst for HR digital transformation, HR Services is also leading the Human Capital Management solution strategy with the global launch of our new HR Core Solution. HR Services holds the key accountability for HR privacy, risk and compliance.
The Service Manager is a key role in the delivery of quality services to business leaders, managers, and employees, as well as to the HR community and driving an agenda of continuous improvement as well as being a people manager who cares about development and advisor experience throughout the Employee Transfer and Hybrid Workplace processes. This role requires management excellence to lead a service line team, thought leadership to drive consistency in processes & services aligned to Global/Functional/Local policies to exceed performance expectations, contribution to the global end-to-end process design that enhances the employee experience, and use of data, insights, and voice of the customer framework to identify trends and improvement opportunity areas for operational quality and efficiency.
- Accountable for driving standardization and continuous improvement.
- Develop and improve our operational quality and efficiency as well as the global end-to-end process and policy design for our Employee Lifecycle Programs.
- Takes ownership of and leads the implementation of a new process by implementing defined action plans; conducts analysis and collects feedback for smaller or less complex processes/procedures; supports the design of new processes or procedures as requested.
- Leads the implementation of solutions and changes to improve a process based on an established strategy or action plan; in partnership with functional operations team, monitors key performance indicator (KPI) targets to identify opportunities for continuous process improvement and future investment to drive efficiency and improved employee experience.
- Operationalizing Hybrid workplace flexibility scenarios for employees (change to work site, work from home, change work location, change to work hours, etc)
- Manage escalations of the processes that are handled in the team such as transfer scenarios including domestic and international transfers and Hybrid Workplace.
HR Central Services Customer Support
- Handles escalated inquiries and performs transactions for a supported service area in a region; research, develops, and recommends solutions to manage the service processes aligned with established practices, policies, and/or laws; connects with peer disciplines (e.g., HR Consulting, Procurement, Finance, Engineering) to address inquires, if needed.
- Contributes to the design and delivery of changes by developing communication materials related to changes in a customer support system during the implementation of Human Resources programs; partners with regional operational stakeholders to monitor, escalate, or address inquiries/issues related to employee experience or change communication; collects feedback on employee experience and assesses impact on employee experience.
- Builds rapport and consensus with partners and stakeholders to align operational processes; learns the end-to-end service model for a supported service area and promotes the use of Human Resources shared services, platforms, and tools; learns and presents recommendations to drive the adoption of the end-to-end service delivery model.
- Accountable for leading a diverse team and building team capability.
- Deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
Model - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
Care - Attract and retain great people; Know everyone’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
- 5+ years of experience with Human Resources or Business Programs/processes
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Fluent English language skills
- Have relevant experience in people management. Strong management capability to develop a solid team generating energy to enable advisors to achieve their potential as individuals and Team.
- The skill to influence others, develop and maintain working relationships, and deliver results and/or expertise for a client in a professional manner.
- Have proven and relevant experience in managing complex-high volume HR processes, being able to problem solve and think of scalable solutions related to HR Operations.
- Possess initiative & drive; with strong desire to continuously improve processes & deliver against agreed objectives/ service levels.
- Multi-tasking experience in a fast-paced environment, completing work tasks with speed and accuracy in a detailed work environment.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written) with an ability to listen & respond to customer queries.
- End-to-end process understanding, ability to develop and maintain processes, desktop Procedure and knowledge base articles
- Judgement and decision making that improve employee service or address privacy/compliance issues with a sense of urgency.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.