Director of Talent Acquisition Program Management – Asia
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world.
To achieve Microsoft’s mission, our Global Talent Acquisition (GTA) Team engages and hires the people who empower the planet. We endeavor to play a vital role in delivering on the promise of Microsoft’s culture and ultimately, make a difference in the world, through how and who we recruit. We believe that when recruiting experiences reflect the value and diversity of talented people, everyone can achieve more.
We are creating a new Program Management (PM) team to accelerate our Asia Talent Acquisition team’s ability to contribute to Microsoft’s mission and are seeking an experienced HR Professional and Program Manager (PM) to lead this team.
The PM Leader will be responsible for driving process excellence, impactful program design and innovation, collaboration with partners and stakeholders, and Asia-wide consistency for 4 prioritized programs: Internal Recruiting, Events, Recruitment Marketing & Branding, and Operations. In addition to leading these programs for Asia’s Talent Acquisition Team, this experienced leader will serve as the primary liaison with our GTA Center of Excellence, ensuring Asia Programs are directionally aligned with global, as well as influencing global approaches and outcomes with Asia’s perspective.
This role reports directly to the Sr. Talent Acquisition Director for Asia and act as a key member of the Asia Talent Acquisition Leadership Team.
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model: Live our culture, embody our values, and practice our leadership principles.
- Coach: Define team objectives and outcomes, enable success across boundaries, and help the team adapt and learn.
- Care: Attract and retain great people, know individual capabilities and aspirations, and invest in the growth of others.
- Sponsors the gathering and transfer of customer, partner, and industry knowledge across the organization.
- Leverages a deep knowledge of customers, partners, internal groups, and end users to advise on strategies or solutions to plan, strategize, and influence process across the organization.
- Contributes a leadership presence and expertise at demonstrations of technologies, processes, tools, and methodologies.
- Leverages customer and industry metrics to identify opportunities that span multiple stakeholders, and teams to develop scalable operational strategies.
- Establishes best practices for shared strategies that set the standard for clear expectations, scope, and scale and minimize redundancies.
Candidate Assessment, Screening & Delivery
- Identifies systemic talent issues and partners with talent leadership groups to ensure the right screening tools are being used and relevant factors are being considered. Leads initial screening/assessment improvement efforts.
- Defines the direction and approach for the delivery of processes, or technologies that span a single country, geo, or Asia-wide, by using established project, program, and process management methodologies to achieve clear and measurable outcomes for the business.
- Recognized as a subject matter expert in working with policies and procedures for processes and services. Advises on the clarification and establishment of performance expectations for consistency, accuracy, and timeliness of delivery.
- Evangelizes project, program, and process management principals, best practices, and protocols to improve plans for delivery, mitigate risk, improve implementation, and increase business value.
- Establishes accountability to governance and communicates global definitions for delivery management models to reduce complexity and manage risk.
Operational Compliance & Excellence
- Incorporates requirements (business system or regulatory) into policy, process, or system changes and optimizations. Drives implementation across all staffing organizations and ensures that standard procedures are being followed throughout the company.
- Drives the identification and prioritization of opportunities for improvement across processes or services. Evangelizes proposed changes across groups.
- Drives simplification and automation to evolve processes, services, and solutions to increase agility and efficiencies, and lower costs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Change Management: The ability to define and implement procedures and/or technologies to deal with changes in the environment. This may include adapting to change, controlling change, and/or affecting change.
- Data Analysis: The ability to systematically gather information from a variety of sources, analyze information, identify implications of data, draw conclusions, generate alternatives and solutions, and evaluate the consequences of choosing each alternative using quality metrics and data. This includes the ability to convert general data and findings into applied, specific information and suggestions that add value to business planning and strategies.
- Program Design: Knowledge of the development and implementation of a Talent Acquisition process and/or program. This may include the ability to plan, design, implement, and/or ensure compliance for Human Resources programs used throughout the company.
- Project Management: Knowledge of and the ability to carry out the process of planning, organizing, and managing tasks and resources to accomplish a well-defined objective. This includes the ability to manage and provide project deliverables, optimize the contribution of the people involved, and assess the impact of project decisions on quality, productivity, schedules, cost, performance, etc.
- Quality Assurance: Knowledge of and the ability to follow systematic and continuing processes of checking to see whether a product, service, or process is meeting specified requirements. This includes knowledge of quality measurements and defined standards.
- Systems Thinking: The ability to analyze and recognize how a system's parts interrelate and how sub-systems work over time within the context of larger systems. This includes the ability to view systems with a broad perspective and identify overall structures, patterns, and cycles.
- 10+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role.
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Liberal Arts, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field AND 8+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role.
- 5+ years formal or informal leadership/managerial experience.
- Solid business and financial acumen and critical problem solving at scale.
- Exceptional and effective communication, influencing, and partnership across broad audiences of internal and external partners, stakeholders, and customers.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.