Sr. Talent Development Manager (TDM)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for a Sr. Talent Development Manager (TDM) who is passionate about influencing and impacting across the Cloud + AI business and customer solution areas. This role will partner across teams in the business and HR to drive the talent management strategy and practices including implementing a strategic talent plan, driving effective talent succession, movement, and development. This includes close partnership with other talent managers and our Center of Excellence (COE) partners to connect and enable talent plans for both current and future leaders as well as drive programmatic approaches for our talent.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Program Design and Implementation
- Drives the design and implementation of talent programs (e.g., succession management, talent movement, leadership development, talent architecture); presents ideas, business insight, and implementation approaches to HR leadership and business partners to increase the visibility of programs; assists in the development of engagement and integration strategies.
- Assists in building plans to integrate the Microsoft cultural attributes (e.g., diversity, inclusion), leadership principles, and other talent, learning, and organizational development frameworks into talent practices (e.g., talent planning, succession planning) for organizations or lateral focus areas.
- Manages Talent Management initiatives by interpreting business needs and leveraging best practices; integrates solutions into other talent management processes and HR plans.
- Develops, guides, and manages the execution of talent management programs (e.g., succession management, talent movement, leadership development, talent architecture) by identifying organizational talent needs, securing resources, communicating with stakeholders, and prioritizing work; drives programs by leveraging data (e.g., bench strength, assessment data) to inform talent decisions.
Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis and Application
- Designs and/or implements talent management tools, methodologies, and principles (e.g., skills assessments, organizational diagnostics, successor talent assessments) to improve benchmarking, evaluation, forecasting, decision-making, and management of talent.
- Exchanges information with partners and peers in other disciplines on organizational diagnostics, analysis, interpretation, and presentation techniques.
Talent Management Consulting
- Acts as a subject matter expert to consult internal clients on talent management solutions and best practices in the industry; proposes data-based recommendations to business leaders, leveraging knowledge of best practices and company policies and procedures, as well as related laws and regulations.
- Communicates talent management approaches (e.g., talent planning, succession planning) to leaders and stakeholders (HR and business), often at the executive level, utilizing data to educate and influence buy-in and implementation of solutions.
- Follows, contributes to, reinforces, and may help to develop philosophy, strategy, and standards for how Talent Management helps businesses respond to talent-related opportunities and demands (e.g., succession management, talent discussions); helps to develop tools and/or assessments that guide managers to make effective talent-related decisions.
- Evaluates business drivers to make a case for change adoption; assesses risks and benefits of the changes, develops effective change-management strategies, and ensures communications and readiness materials are in place to facilitate the transition of Talent Management programs/processes.
- 10+ years experience in HR practices or Program/Project Management
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field AND 7+ years experience in HR practices or Program/Project Management.
- 3+ years experience managing large-scale or complex projects/programs.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
Master's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Organization Development, Psychology, or related field.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.