HR Shd Svcs Ops Mgmt - Release Program Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission
Within Microsoft’s Human Resources, the Global Talent Acquisition Center of Excellence (GTAE) serves to acquire, develop, and retain talent. The best talent allows Microsoft to shape an aspirational, inclusive, and global culture which empowers our people to do their best work and enables our company to thrive. The Tools & Technology team (TNT) contributes to the all-up mission by enabling productivity through Microsoft’s Recruiting Ecosystem.
TNT is looking for an experienced Program Manager to sit at the intersection of business and engineering to provide release management oversight of our workstreams, ensuring that our efforts align with leadership priorities. Leveraging Agile methodologies and Azure DevOps (ADO) data, you will define, prioritize, and track project deliverables. You will regularly communicate status to stakeholders in terms of portfolio health, progress against plans, and publicized OKRs/KPIs. Working directly with leadership, you will have the opportunity to mature our release train management process.
You will be working with a great team of engineers and program managers who are committed to delivering innovative solutions for our customers. If you are passionate about data, release management and opportunities to deploy solutions in efficient and scalable ways that improve services and employee experiences, we would love to hear from you!
- Provides operational, infrastructure, and employee support analysis during planning stages of new project proposals in a focus area; presents analysis results and recommendations to facilitate project management; identifies opportunities to improve services and employee experience; evolves service of the operations team and quality of the projects supported.
- Assists the process of requirements gathering for Human Resources (HR) programs; helps identify risks, issues, and barriers in project execution.
- Implements project plans and tracks progress and deliverables; contributes insights in project meetings; communicates with relevant stakeholders/project sponsors/steering committee (e.g., business leaders, HR and Engineering partners) about project status and impacts.
- Manages GTAE TNT work tracking systems and monitors performance, issue prioritization, coordination of system releases, implementation of release management, and readiness for system changes.
- Provides business analysis through system telemetry and provides insights for optimization projects to inform business decisions aimed at reducing costs and improving quality.
- Drives the system production Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) by performing analysis, working with Human Resources (HR), Human Resources Business Intelligence (HRBI), and/or Engineering partners to ensure that appropriate monitoring (i.e., data telemetry and systems) and maintenance is in place.
- Develops business cases; partners with program owners and operations stakeholders for current and future business process documentation to support planning and design stages of new solution development.
- Performs and executes audits and risk assessments; reviews Human Resources (HR) compliance risks and trends; makes recommendations to address risks and non-compliance.
- Manages responses to data subject requests (DSRs) by handling escalations and providing guidance on compliance to established guidelines and regulations; partners with operational stakeholders to ensure data stewardship (i.e., documentation, classification, and compliance); conducts data privacy reviews.
- Participates in the design, implementation, and monitoring of preventative and detective internal controls and related processes; partners with Corporate Services Engineering (CSE) to understand Information Technology (IT) interface controls and onboard business data validation controls.
7+ years experience in Human Resources, Engineering, Operations, Compliance, or related field
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field AND 5+ years experience in Operations, Compliance, Human Resources, Engineering, or related field.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.