Director Executive Talent Management
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are currently looking for a Director Talent Management focused on succession to help us with our mission to develop senior leadership talent with an outsized impact on Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Microsoft’s Executive Talent Management team uses data, insight, and best-in-class talent practices to understand senior leadership talent that creates disproportionate value and accelerates their leadership, skills and impact to our company’s mission, culture, and customers.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
In this role you will design, deliver, and implement global talent management strategy including:
- Understand and translate organizational needs into a succession strategy and plan for the company aligned with Leadership Development agenda.
- Partners with Talent and HR professional to drive executive succession discussions and enable high value talent moves throughout the year with the most senior business executives.
- Lead the application of rigorous diagnostic frameworks and data-based assessment techniques to generate succession and movement insights, which in turn influence areas of focus, actions and decisions.
- Be accountable for the quality and effectiveness of the executive succession processes (Succession plans, development of talent pools, senior talent movement, quality of profiles, leadership capability).
- Stay informed on the latest thinking on succession management and bring practices to Microsoft, to increase the impact of our own succession management strategy and processes.
- Develop and enhance existing talent management tools and systems to better facilitate and aid succession planning and movement processes.
- Develop consumption strategies to ensure we have high usage/adoption and a good approach on succession management tools.
- Build capability across the organization in the practice of Succession planning and strategy development.
- 15+ years’ experience in HR practices or Program/Project Management OR Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field AND 10+ years’ experience in HR practices or Program/Project Management.
- 5+ years managing large-scale or complex projects/programs.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Master's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Organization Development, Psychology, or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Business Acumen
- Change Management
- Data Analysis
- Executive Relationships
- Organizational Culture
- Organizational Needs Analysis
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Succession Planning
- Talent Management Strategy
- Talent Measurement and Evaluation
- Talent Programs
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $144,600 and $216,600.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.