HR Manager - HR Consulting
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
If you are passionate to be a catalyst of culture change, trust that we can learn it all; if you are willing to make others great and not in fear of facing challenges; if you like data and feel excited about data-driven HR solutions; if you are looking for a pioneer HR career development opportunity, please come join us at GCR HR Consulting team at Microsoft.
The Human Resources (“HR”) team is seeking an experienced HR partner to serve as the HR Consultant (“HRM") based in Beijing. You will be a key member of the client facing HR teams, enabling a Microsoft culture where all managers and employees can thrive. Key to this role is the ability to be impartial and objective to create an inclusive environment through the consistent application of our Microsoft practices, polices and philosophies.
- HR Solutions Consulting - You provide expert consulting services to managers and employees on HR programs, processes, and initiatives. You also influence the future direction of HR work by synthesizing insights and contributing perspectives, expertise, and leadership.
- Capability Building - You build manager capability by conducting one-on-one consulting/coaching with business leaders. You identify and aggregate training needs within the business, region, or geography supported and develop plans to address the needs identified.
- Employee Relations Data and Trend - You interpret trends in employee relations issues; you design and recommend interventions and solutions to facilitate an open, inclusive, Microsoft values-based environment that enables effective employee relations for an assigned business, region, or geography.
- HR Projects & Programs – partner with our colleagues focused on scalable solutions as well as local specific focuses to provide support or resources to implementing programs and projects for our client groups.
- Ability to manage and resolve a caseload of sensitive employee matters in a complex and matrixed business environment.
- Strong coaching, consulting, and facilitation skills.
- Effective consulting skills with ability to influence and build trust with partners.
- Strong business acumen and people acumen, and ability to influence business leaders at a managerial level around complex HR decisions.
- Demonstrable experience in analyzing business issues and providing scalable HR solutions that address & align to broader business requirements.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, and achieve results in a fast-paced, heavily-distributed team environment.
- Ability to manipulate and analyze HR data and drive solutions or recommendations based on data insights.
- Strong systems-thinking ability.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of labor laws.
- BS/BA degree required. MBA or Master in HR is preferred.
- 10+ years experience with Human Resources, HR Consulting or other HR related fields.
- Fluent proficiency in both English and Mandarin.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.