Sales Development Representative [Contract to Hire]
Vancouver, BC, Canada
We’re a committed and talented group of diverse people working hard to solve a real, universal problem for millions of entrepreneurs: businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses. Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. We’ve paired smart humans with incredibly powerful software to develop the fastest, most efficient bookkeeping service in history. This lets us provide monthly and yearly financials at an incredibly accessible price, giving business owners the time, confidence, and knowledge they need to be successful.
Bench is growing fast. Recently, we’ve onboarded our 9000th client and our 500th employee. We have a clear, funded path to profitability, and a roadmap that we believe will rapidly accelerate the trajectory of our business. We’re looking for the brightest minds who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible journey, in pursuit of bringing financial mastery to our clients.
What's it like on the sales team at Bench?
At the core of it, sales at Bench is a people-centric team focused on helping small business owners and entrepreneurs in the US. As a Sales Specialist, your first interaction with a potential client is the start of their relationship with Bench. Your genuine curiosity and drive to help people is what guides your approach to discover how Bench can be a part of their entrepreneurial journey. You’ll have targets to meet individually and revenue goals to hit as a team, which fuels your innate sense of determination. If you’re looking to gain experience in sales and start-ups while making a real difference in people’s lives, then you’ve come to the right place.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Learning what it means to be a part of our stellar Sales team
- Communicating with entrepreneurs and small business owners to gain a deeper understanding of their business needs, and educating them on how we are here to give them financial control over their lives
- Using your good-natured wit and charm to build new relationships over the phone and email
- Helping one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing startups hit its revenue and growth goals
- Guiding potential clients through to successful closure
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Have a genuine passion for helping people
- Have an articulate phone and written presence that's confident, yet personable
- Be realistic about temporary challenges and setbacks, and use them to motivate yourself and others to achieve targets
- Embrace feedback with arms wide open and action it to further your success
- Be able to contribute to a high-performing team by bringing lots of mental horsepower, amazing work ethic, positive energy, and a little weirdness to keep things interesting
The extra details:
- Competitive base salary and monthly uncapped commission (55k OTE) available!
- Our dog-friendly office is downtown and easily accessible via transit and is close to lots of great restaurants.
- Once safe to do, we'll return to work in our downtown Vancouver office. It's dog-friendly, close to lots of great restaurants, and easily accessible via transit. We also pride ourselves on our office coffee and the fridge is always stocked, compliments of Bench
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.