Director, Global Talent Acquisition
Vancouver, BC, Canada
We’re looking for a Director, Global Talent Acquisition to lead our global recruiting and employer brand team. You are an expert in talent acquisition, who thrives on developing and implementing innovative strategies to strengthen Hootsuite’s position by ensuring it acquires the talent to meet current and future business needs. You have a passion for designing comprehensive and creative employer brand and sourcing strategies that will create a pipeline of diverse top talent to drive business success while providing direction on emerging trends. You will focus on building and organizing the recruiting team in the most productive way, incorporating effective talent acquisition operations and communications frameworks, managing systems & tools adoption and use, and ensuring overall recruiting and team compliance. While based in Hootsuite’s Vancouver office, you will report to the Vice President, People.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provide leadership to a global, high performance team of recruiters and specialists, fostering alignment across functions and ensuring a continuous improvement mindset.
- Build, implement and continuously evolve our sourcing, recruiting, and employer brand strategy for the organization, across multiple global locations and functions and with a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Design, implement and co-manage a comprehensive People strategy in partnership with the VP, People and People Leadership Team to ensure successful execution of business objectives.
- Develop and implement the appropriate initiatives to scale the recruiting function in a way where we see significant improvements in talent acquisition processes, quality of hire delivery, and our diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Develop and manage our 3rd party vendor strategy and relationships, ensuring partnerships with organizations that align and support our diversity, equity and inclusion strategy and goals.
- Lead and oversee sourcing and selection of executive candidates.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Extensive experience in talent acquisition and/or human resources and proven experience leading talent acquisition teams.
- Comprehensive experience hiring in fast paced, growth-oriented technology companies.
- Demonstrated strategic focus with expertise at linking short and long-term business needs to overall talent acquisition strategy.
- Thorough understanding of traditional and cutting-edge sourcing strategies and methodologies to recruit and expand employment brand.
- Experience in using and optimizing applicant tracking/ATS, HR databases, and reporting tools to support recruiting operations.
- Accountability: holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs.
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results.
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities.
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action.
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding.
- Perseverance: pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish—doesn’t give up.
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems.
- Leading Inclusive Teams: Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals.
- General Management: Capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work.
- Developing Others: Challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities. Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We’re united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow: We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other’s growth.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.