Client Facing Technology Support Intern (16 months)
Toronto, ON, Canada
Client Facing Technology Support Intern (16 months)
- Required Education:High School Diploma/GED
- Position Type:Intern
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Internship
- Company:(0026) IBM Canada Limited - IBM Canada Limitee
- Req ID:333905BR
- Travel Required:No Travel
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16-month work term commencing May 2021. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
As an integral part of the IBM's Cloud and Cognitive strategy, the IBM Sterling Supply Chain team is seeking highly skilled and motivated Technical Support Professionals to help our enterprise clients through implementation, deployment and usage of our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offerings.
This role specializes in providing remote technical support for the IBM Sterling SaaS applications hosted on the IBM Cloud, partnering with clients as they adopt our IBM Supply Chain solutions to orchestrate complex order and inventory fulfillment networks.
- Provide remote technical support to enterprise-level customers to resolve complex issues with implementation, deployment, operations and performance
- Recreate client environments and simulate problems to help isolate root cause, and validate potential solutions
- Establish understanding of IBM Cloud infrastructure and operations through hands on usage of emerging technologies and platforms including Docker containers and Kubernetes orchestration
- Utilize technical and negotiation skills to collaborate closely across a broad cross-functional community including DevOps, Engineering , Offering Management teams to triage issues, and to deliver quality, scalability, and serviceability into our offerings
- Perform application-level monitoring, while driving continuous improvement into alerting, and runbooks to deliver a proactive model for SaaS Supportgs
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Experience developing, deploying, debugging of Java / J2EE applications
- Database administration skills and an understanding of SQL and relational databases
- Unix/Linux/Windows system administration skills
- Proven oral/written communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize under pressure
- Interest to be in a client-facing role, working with leading edge technology and commercial Supply Chain and e-Commerce vendors
Familiarity cloud-native technologies including Docker containers, Kubernetes orchestration, NoSQL databases such as Cassandra or CouchDB
Familiarity with other programming models and open standards including AngularJS, RESTful APIs, Java Messaging Service (JMS), Apache Kafka or RabbitMQ
Understanding of Agile Development principles and practices
Understanding of Electronic data interchange (EDI) concepts and standards
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.